Author Topic: Ulimate wave board  (Read 3758 times)

mauisup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Ulimate wave board
« on: July 23, 2007, 08:46:38 AM »
Production Wave boards have come down in size from 12 feet to 10 and one half  and then  to 10 in a year with customs ever shorter.  What do you think will be the ultimate board size?

Allan Cheateaux

• Sunset Status
  • Enhance you open ocean existence!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - allancheateaux@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ulimate wave board
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 08:56:05 AM »
Ive got stuff from 9'6 to 10'. 10' being really comfy and drivey, the 9'6 is snappier and skatey. I think it just depends on what you want to do with the wave. I dont want to just go straight and nose ride. I want to see where on the wave I can go. I spent 6 months surfing my 5'10-5'6 fish to see how I could make a board do that. Im not there yet, but Im getting close.

I dont seea need for anyone to "surf" standup a board longer than 10'. Built right, it'll handle anyone.

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Ulimate wave board
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:07:57 AM »
Hi Mauisup,

Beleive it or not, off the shelf production models are already available down to 9'2 (you might have blinked :) )

So much has to do with personal preference, riding style and body dimensions.  That said, I know what you are getting at.  Will things continue to trend downwards?  I think that there is little doubt that there will be a market in the low 9' high 8' range for men and mid 8' range for women.  Noseriding and longboard style boards will likely also remain.  You may even need a gun for those huge days (notice I said you, I'll watch).  Maybe a small quiver will be in order!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal