Author Topic: Sayin' Hi  (Read 1674 times)

webnrrd2k

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sayin' Hi
« on: December 08, 2009, 12:46:18 PM »
I just got the same board, an 11'11" Da Monstah, from the guys at Isle, in COsta Mesa. It's my first SUP -- I haven't even taken it out in the water yet. I'm really hoping it will be a good beginners board. I mostly surf a long board (badly) at San Onofre or Bolsa Chica.

I'd like to try SUP when the surf is lower than 4'--5'. I think this board should excel at grabbing the little stuff, and be good for grabbing small ocean swells. I'm not much of a surfer, but I enjoy myself, and I think this will be a good way to get more time in the water and to provide some options when it's crowded or the waves just aren't very good. Also, I'd like to just get out more, and get in better shape. Right now I can paddle around fairy hard for a few hours and not be too tired, but I'd like to get a better work-out and I think this will be a goodway to go.

I was trying to choose between a 10'6" PSH AA and this 1'11" Monstah from Isle. I think the AA would be a better board overall, but I think the Monstah would be better for learning on, and better for San Onofre/Dogpatch & Bolsa Chica, especially when the waves are low. I'm hoping that this will be a good board for paddling up and down to coast for a few miles, too, but that's not the main thing for me.

One thing I'm curious about -- I've noticed that Isle doesn't seem to be getting a whole lot of love in the So-Cal paddle board community. Is there any particular reason? Has anyone used their SUP boards?

~Jeff P.

Marcelo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sayin' Hi
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 07:06:24 PM »
Hi Jeff, welcome to the board! (both the SUP and the forum)  :)

Sorry but i have no experience with either the Isle boards or the PSH so I can't comment on it...

Hope you like your board though...it should work for what you need it.

Marcelo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal