Author Topic: One more  (Read 10861 times)

footemaui

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: One more
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 07:51:07 AM »
Sorry, I don't have any of this style board completed yet. I'm sure Randy will give you a go on his when It's done.... BF

boots

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 05:32:54 PM »
Hows the board coming along Rand? The days go by like months while a new board is getting glassed, I know the feeling.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 05:43:28 PM »
Randy Royse called over today to tease me .  He was over at Quatro and his "Roysing" board is painted, but mine is still in line.  Geez, and I was trying to keep it out of mind.   :)

Byronmaui

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »
what ever happened to this board?

Aloha

Byron

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 01:09:08 PM »
I think we are a few days off still.  A week or so ago it had been waiting for paint and Bill thought maybe soon.  With custom Stand Ups I expect to wait for glassing, so I am really trying not to think about it...but :)

By the way Byron, and No Worries, scoop us on those little 8'8's that Blane made for you.  Those things looked soooo cool.  Love to here how they are working.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 01:14:22 PM by Admin »

Byronmaui

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 01:38:17 PM »
I think we are a few days off still.  A week or so ago it had been waiting for paint and Bill thought maybe soon.  With custom Stand Ups I expect to wait for glassing, so I am really trying not to think about it...but :)

By the way Byron, and No Worries, scoop us on those little 8'8's that Blane made for you.  Those things looked soooo cool.  Love to here how they are working.

Glad to hear it is almost done.
The 8'8 is a fun board that is very floaty and fast on the waves. Manuverability is like my short boards. The board does not work well in any kind of wind condition over 10 mph. I was testing it in all conditions and it is best on glassy and not more than 10 mph winds. I am going to order another custom in about a month that is thinner and less wide. I am trying to get the nose area more refined and a little more rocker involved for my surfing style. I have been playing around with my 9'0 C-4 (Batwing), 9'6 C-4 (Swallow) and 10'0 BK C-4 for ideas. My fun is playing around with design and refinement of boards. I suffer ADD. ****Pictures and videos will be coming in the next few months as my daughter puts it together.

Aloha

Byron

P.S. Another cool downwind run is mud flats to the cove. 20 plus yard glides if the wind and current is right.

noworrieshawaii

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 03:44:35 PM »

Unfortunately haven't had much time in the water lately... did get a couple nice overhead Kanaha days, one glassy, one kinda windy but totally love this board. I'm amazed at how easy it is to ride and catch even the tiniest bump. Had it out out 1K Peaks last weekend in some waist high glass and was just loving it. I dont usually SUP when its windy but definitely works better than the 9'6" in less than perfect conditions.... Cant really tell ya why it works better, it just does. Next time I see ya Rand or Chan, you'll have to try it... Think it will be my main board for awhile... paddles good and love that I can just toss it in the back of the truck and dont have to strap it on the racks....

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 05:14:01 PM »
Cool to hear guys.
They sound like they are as fun as they looked.  Well, you can for sure say you were among the first to be riding boards of that size that were shaped for Stand Up.  I am guessing that if a dozen have been shaped anywhere that that would be a lot.  Cool times.

Caveman

• Waikiki Status
  • So easy a caveman can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 12:06:16 AM »
Wow, I know how you feel.  Anticipation... 

Bill shaped a board for me too and I am soo anxious to get on it!  Making do riding my ol trusty 12' and one of his production boards that are really fun but I find myself trying to imagine what the new one is going to be like. 

Bill say's I'm gonna work hard but it's really going to rip.  I like the sound of that.

This really is an addiction.  I am already thinking about more... 

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »
Whooohh!

Too stoked for words.

Byronmaui

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 07:02:32 PM »
What are the specs?

Aloha

Byron

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 09:44:03 PM »
2 lb EPS with a glued in Poplar stringer.  4/6 cloth on the bottom, 4/6 on the deck, then another patch from the paddling area back to the tail and finally a carbon patch under the paddling area.  On top of that, the paint process.  It is very light, but not blow-away light.  The nose rocker is right around 6 inches (most of it a pretty sudden tip flip).  The tail is right around 4 1/8.  The rest is in the first post of the thread. 

WooooHoooo!

Tony DaKine

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 09:56:44 PM »
Now that's interesting with the thruster set up. Can't wait to read about how it works.

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 10:44:09 PM »
That's a clean looking board! We're all waiting for feedback... and more pictures!

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 10:09:33 AM »
Very nice.  What are the specs on that?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal