Author Topic: Pipe Sequence-Sticking with it  (Read 3129 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Pipe Sequence-Sticking with it
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »
Not stand up, but this guy deserves the optimist award for how long he stays thinking he might pull this off.  

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/puerto-rican-charger-launches-into-serious-north-shore-wipeout_30788/1/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 03:26:12 PM by Admin »

venice mace

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Pipe Sequence-Sticking with it
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 03:47:25 PM »
heavy.  still too much sand on the reef this time of year

cheman1971

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »
His name is Roger Moore he is from RINCON PUERTO RICO, he has been surfing since three years old, I think this is his first time in the north shore, when he was a young kid I was the one who take him to surf contests here in the island. Also he has been doing some SUP at RINCON. He is the son of one of the best shaper in the island (Muniz Surfboards).

Mauiguy

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
He's no match for the lip, that's for sure.   It looks scary, esp. after reading that article about Malik Joyeux in the Standup Journal.  I'm sure people there were on pins and needles until he came up for air.

Aloha,

Gary

Blane Chambers

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 11:24:18 PM »
Ouch!    That is so gnarly...

Some guys were talking about Ikaika eating it on a wave because he was on a SUP board.   I told them sh*t, you know how many people eat it out there on surfboards, bodyboards, body surfing etc, etc???   EVERYONE.      Of course you gonna eat it on a SUP board too!      Dangerous as hell.     This is what makes the place so exciting.    Danger is in the air and no matter what you ride you gonna eventually pay a visit to the bottom, HARD.

Pipe has seriously injured and claimed more peoples lives than any other spot in the world.       It sucks that it is that way but the sad part is Pipe will claim more... :'(        I worry about our friends who push the limits out there but they are destined to surf it.     

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 07:57:49 AM »
I've always thought that the Pipe needs a better name, something like Lion's mouth.
Whoever goes out there, on a grinding day, on whatever type of board, no matter how good they are, will be sticking their head in the lion's mouth.

The Pipe or Pipeline, just doesn't sound gnarley enough, but that's the name it will always have, tradition you know.
It takes a quiver to do that.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:11:31 AM »
Really cool to see Derek Ho getting cheers from the shoulder and still styling some of the best waves of the day.

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/opening-day-pipeline--solid-wnw-swell-lights-up-north-shores-most-famous-tube_30811/1/

Anyone remember watching Pipe contests on Wide World of Sports, when the name was never shortened, "here we are at the Bonzai Pipeline..." :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:42:45 PM by Admin »

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 11:29:24 AM »
WOW - - wasn't any where near that big last week when I was there. 

Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal