Author Topic: Save the Children SUP paddle  (Read 4782 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Save the Children SUP paddle
« on: November 16, 2007, 12:49:02 PM »
Hello All,

I'll be auctioning off this paddle sometime in the next couple of weeks for a charity event at the lumberjocks.com website. http://lumberjocks.com/stc

I still need to epoxy and varnish the blade. Should be done this week. I'll post it here and on a number of other forums when it's all ready.

The paddle that the artwork has been added to is one on the left.

Pyrographic artwork....humpback cow and calf.

This paddle is meant to be mounted on the wall and will come with mahogany brackets for wall mounting. While it can and has been paddled it's too heavy for everyday use IMO.

What do you folks think I should use as a starting price?
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

ECSUP

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Save the Children SUP paddle
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 12:55:12 PM »
Stoneaxe-
That is a beautiful paddle. How about $500 as a price for the paddle, those Humpbacks are beautiful. Any interest in trying to organize a charity paddle across Cape Cod Bay next August?
ECSUP

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Save the Children SUP paddle
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 04:00:33 PM »
Thanks EC,

I've been hearing $400-$500 as a starting price. The humpbacks look even better now that the varnish is on IMNSHO... ;D. I'll be taking pictures and set up the auction tomorrow.

It's funny you mention the Cape Cod Bay paddle. I was thinking of doing something next year and that had entered my mind. Not sure if I'll personally be ready for that though. Provincetown to Plymouth is about 25 miles. I'm a newb with balance problems so that's a LONG paddle for me. It would be a natural though, retrace the path of the Pilgrims and all that, Land at the Mayflower... ;). Could tie it in with one of Plymouth's waterfront festivals, summer or fall.

I wonder how many SUPers there are that would do it? I might be able to shame PonoBill into showing up. He doesn't get home often enough and that would be a good excuse.

I'd definitely be interested in being involved even if I can't paddle it. Let's see how much interest we can generate?

I'm also thinking about a SUP surfari along the Cape National seashore. 3 day weekend, camping on the beach. I think that's a definite, just need to work out the details.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal