Author Topic: 12' AST Glide pics.  (Read 2128 times)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
12' AST Glide pics.
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:59:52 PM »
Now that I have my new 14' Glide for down-winders and my 10' Mana for the waves it had me thinking about my big 11'6" AST that I love so much.

I have this board for my daughter and friends to use.. and to be honest it's my most used board for my daily paddles around St Kilda marina and along the Yarra river.

Also I miss my 12' Glide so much.. I thought why not upgrade my 11'6" AST to the 12' Glide AST.. It will be a much better board for flat water paddling... So I did.

Here's some pics that I took yesterday on my first paddle on the 12' Glide AST... It's a great looking board.. IMO.

I put my board on the grass that the little bugs in the grass came out to check it out.. I've never seen them do that before.. Maybe it's the colour.

Even though it's not a gun the shape looks so gunny.

It's so stable and easy to paddle.. and I love the look of that long pointy nose.

I love to cruise around on flat water and just go exploring and looking for fish and checking out the rocks.. The cliffs along Beaumaris are so interesting.

Up near the boat ramps that water gets really glassy and you can see how that pointy nose cuts through the water.

This is where I bumped into Plill from Ocean Grove one day and he jumped on for a paddle.. Work clothes and all.

I spotted something in the water up ahead.

Anyone missing a breast implant?

Time to pack up and head off to work.. It was a thunder stormy kind of day but beautiful when the sun came out.

One more stop on my way home to show the boards beautiful lines.. Meeeooow!

DJ

watermelonman

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: 12' AST Glide pics.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 05:08:46 AM »
Is there some reason you got the 12 AST rather than the wood, other than price.  Had you demo-ed both? I was also thinking about getting the 12 Glide and was wondering if the extra 300 for the wood was worth it or not.  Also, how does the 12 track?

Thanks

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 06:35:20 AM »
I've had the white (wood/carbon) Glide since last Dec and recently sold it to buy the new 14'er.

I really missed it so I bought another.. I chose the AST this time mostly because of the price.

I may be wrong but it seems a little different in the nose looking down at it.. I'll have to compare both together to check that out.

The 12'er tracks very well for me.. It always did.. It's a great board.

DJ

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 12:37:22 PM »
That was a fun trip...thanks for taking us along DJ.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal