Author Topic: ISLE Stand Up Paddleboards  (Read 5540 times)

Santiago

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
ISLE Stand Up Paddleboards
« on: November 14, 2007, 01:07:29 PM »

Has anyone tried a Stand Up Paddleboard made by ISLE surfboards? They are half the price of most boards. I am wondering if it is too good to be true?

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
Re: ISLE Stand Up Paddleboards
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 01:39:32 PM »
Santiago:  I bought an Isle board.  At the time I could not afford a good, hand shaped board and I was able to get an Isle board on Ebay for $650.  The other factor for me is that I am way up here in NW Washington State & shipping a board to me ads $200 bones.

The epoxy board I got is 12' by 28" by 4.5" It weighs about 32 lbs.  It is a red & white 2plus1.  It is the only board I have owned other than an old 12'windsurfer that actually worked as an SUB.  It seems very stable and smooth in the water.  I am 6'1" & 180lbs.  I mostly do flat water paddling for excersize and some very limited downwind paddles.  I can't speak to its wave surfability yet.  I would recommend it for a begginer SUP guy, because thats what I am and it works great!  My goal however is to save some $ and support a good shaper and buy a board with a little more soul!  Or build one when Grain comes out with their SUP kit.

Hope this helps.
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

MichaelF

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 03:42:18 PM »
I heard that the side bitter fins had an issue of ripping out and were not placed into high density foam.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 06:47:38 PM »
The local shop owner here had an encounter with them. Two guys that bought them on EBay had their decks develop a lot of heel dents. The guys came into the shop and bought deck pads hoping to solve the issue.

This makes me think they are not sandwich construction, like other higher priced pop outs.

Oxbow has really low cost SUPs. You might want to look into those. Oxbow is a BIC company. Famous for low prices.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal