Author Topic: Montauk - Ditch Plains  (Read 2152 times)

crtraveler

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Montauk - Ditch Plains
« on: June 27, 2009, 07:35:32 AM »
Had a great few days of surf on Montauk - Ditch Plains was awesome.  Waves were head high and fun.  Seems like a really nice group of Stand up Paddlers out there, who have done a great job at establishing a well respected community.  Thanks for a great job guys.  Here is a link to one of the videos my wife took at Ditch Plains.  I will post some more pics when I can.

http://www.youtube.com/user/eastcoastadventure#play/all/uploads-all/0/MKKAbC-tMSk
Naish Mana 10' (currently water-logged in Costa Rica)
Fanatic Allwave 9'2"
Naish Glide 14'
Jamie Mitchell LK 12'6"
KeNalu Maliko + Wiki (soon)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Montauk - Ditch Plains
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »
Nice waves. You can embed video like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKKAbC-tMSk

Use the little flash icon on the left side of the lower bbc tag bar and then paste the SHARE URL in the middle of the tag. Alternately, paste in the URL, select it and then click on the flash tag icon.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

crtraveler

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 05:20:31 AM »
Thanks Pono Bill - much appreciated !!
Fanatic Allwave 9'2"
Naish Glide 14'
Jamie Mitchell LK 12'6"

Lightning Bolt Maui

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »
Glad to see and hear the Montauk Standup world is friendly and respectable. That is my home town and I Love ridding my standup board there. There are so many coves and points breaks that i never surfed as a kid on a traditional surfboard but on the standup board i have had great waves in places i never ventured before. 

The standup world in Montauk is partly my fault. I kind of got it jump started back there 3 summers ago. Only Super Dave and a few other guys even tried Standup at that point. Now they are all over the place men and women all enjoying what the ocean has to offer.  I hope to get back there again this summer and see how it has changed since my last visit last summer.
Glad to hear good things about a place I hold so closely to my heart. I live in Maui but I still Love Montauk. Check it out if u ever get the chance.
Make sure to eat at the Ditch Witch wagon on the beach at Ditch Plains. And tell Lilly the women behind the counter Frank says hello from Maui
Aloha
FF

crtraveler

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 05:57:01 AM »
I totally agree - the place is cool.
Fanatic Allwave 9'2"
Naish Glide 14'
Jamie Mitchell LK 12'6"

Eric

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 09:36:31 AM »
nice looking wave... that's the kind of conditions I dream of when I had a really long day and just want to get out there and relax in the surf...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal