Author Topic: What can I expect when paddling a 9’ x 26” x 95 liters Infinity New Deal?  (Read 3174 times)

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
I know what it’s like at 190-200 pounds to paddle a short sup with only 95 liters (it’s hell!), but any idea how much different 95 liters would feel paddling when it’s a 9’ x 26” wide Infinity New Deal? Just wondering how much a difference the longer rail would make?
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Those dimensions sound like a good lay down long board

supmmmm

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
The longer rail should make it work like a longer board.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
The longer rail should make it work like a longer board.
I had a 9-2 Sunova longboard style SUP that I think was only 3 3/4” thick and thin overall with 125 liters. Paddling was ok because it was about 30” wide. This New Deal is next level at only 26” wide though.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Those dimensions sound like a good lay down long board

Yeah, exactly. The seller weighs about the same as me. Im going to see if I can do a pool test.

surlygringo

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
I haven’t paddled a 9’x26” New Deal, but I had a 10’x27” for a few years and if I had to guess I would say the 9’x26” is only going to move the stability category from the “it’s  hell,” of your previous 95ltr. experience up to “slightly less hellish😁.”  New Deals are great boards, but they have very pulled in tails and a more pulled in nose than most longboard shapes so you don’t get as much of a bump up in stability as you would from something like a Sunova revolution. I would also see if you can demo it in the surf. I am close to your size(6’2”, 190) and I can paddle a 95ltr regular surf shape for an hour in flat water, even in wind, without falling, but I take a lot more of a beating in a crossed up beach break, or some place with a lot of side shore sweep so I don’t know how much a pool is going to tell you. Having said that, I hope it works out for you, they are cool boards.

supmmmm

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
How much is the seller asking for it - sounds like a neat niche board if u can make it work.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
I’m another 200lb, 10 x 27 NewDeal rider and can only offer that my next closest board, 10 x 28.5 StyleMaster is a significantly more stable outline for simply standing in the lineup.
Looking forward to hearing how the “pool test” turns out.

supmmmm

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
I really like my Speeed, it’s 8’2”x 27.5” 103 liters. I weight around 176lbs + wetsuit.
I’ve always wanted a New Deal - don’t need one but u know  8)

surlygringo

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Just chiming in again to be clear that I quite like the way the New Deals surf. I only sold mine because I moved and could no longer store a 10’ board. Unfortunately, that also coincided with supply chain issues during Covid and I was unable to get a 9’x28” to replace it. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the 26” wide if you get a chance to try it.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for your input!🤙🏼  Unfortunately for me he sold his New Deal right away. It was a really good deal so not surprising.

I’m on the hunt for a longboard sup so I did another post asking about the Laird longboard stand ups here: https://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,38486.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal