Author Topic: Infinity New Deal 9,6 x 31  (Read 4541 times)

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Infinity New Deal 9,6 x 31
« on: March 16, 2023, 08:19:32 AM »
Wondering if anyone has one and can give some feedback on whether it’s a loose board for its size, whether you need to be over the fins, stability, weight and if it works in slack waves as well as bigger stuff. Thanks.

Oh, and how domed is the deck?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 08:35:20 AM by coldsup »

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity New Deal 9,6 x 31
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 10:35:59 AM »
My two cents: I have one. I surf it mainly on longboard friendly rollers. I like a reactive board that can turn from the middle.  The 9'6 New Deal works that way. I'm happy. It is more reactive when you get back on the tail, but I tend not to walk around on boards so I'm not your best source on that.  Is it loose? It can be. Especially relative to its size.  Check out some videos on line and it will give you a sense.  And it has a 10" center fin box so you can control looseness somewhat by moving fin forward (and fin selection generally). Another impression is that it is fast. Stability wise it's totally fine, but I wouldn't say that it is especially stable.  It begins with inherent stability from its general longboard shape, but then its light weight, shaped bottom maybe (double concave) and domed deck and rails contribute to a more performance character.  Weight - very light. Domed deck? Yes, but not objectionable. I prefer a flat deck, but this is fine. It's technically domed, but the standing area is relatively flatter, and then the curve accentuates near the edges down to the rails. I like the board. The build quality is outstanding.     
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 11:24:12 AM »
My two cents: I have one. I surf it mainly on longboard friendly rollers. I like a reactive board that can turn from the middle.  The 9'6 New Deal works that way. I'm happy. It is more reactive when you get back on the tail, but I tend not to walk around on boards so I'm not your best source on that.  Is it loose? It can be. Especially relative to its size.  Check out some videos on line and it will give you a sense.  And it has a 10" center fin box so you can control looseness somewhat by moving fin forward (and fin selection generally). Another impression is that it is fast. Stability wise it's totally fine, but I wouldn't say that it is especially stable.  It begins with inherent stability from its general longboard shape, but then its light weight, shaped bottom maybe (double concave) and domed deck and rails contribute to a more performance character.  Weight - very light. Domed deck? Yes, but not objectionable. I prefer a flat deck, but this is fine. It's technically domed, but the standing area is relatively flatter, and then the curve accentuates near the edges down to the rails. I like the board. The build quality is outstanding.     

Thanks that’s really useful information. I sometimes find it hard to judge the rocker on it….has it got decent nose kick to handle a few later drops? It looks like the nose isn’t as big as some longboard shapes which is a good thing.

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 12:48:08 PM »
It definitely has some nose rocker designed in. I have my fair share of late drops and have never thought of this board as a problem that way. You're right too that the nose shape is pulled in somewhat from a traditional longboard nose. Dana Point Infinity has one they rent out. You could check mine if you're ever in Seattle.   
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 01:58:14 PM »
It definitely has some nose rocker designed in. I have my fair share of late drops and have never thought of this board as a problem that way. You're right too that the nose shape is pulled in somewhat from a traditional longboard nose. Dana Point Infinity has one they rent out. You could check mine if you're ever in Seattle.   

Cheers…good to hear. Thanks

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2023, 08:04:11 AM »
Interested to know if most stick to the stock fins on their 9,6? Eg. Mine came with 4.7 sides and a 4.5 centre fin.

I guess these work best in punchy surf but not convinced they there are the goods for slacker waves. I felt they were dragging a bit. Incredible hold but draggy. I’ve swapped the stock fins out fir a 7 inch centre and 3.5 sides. Yet to try them but it’s my usual go to for longboard shapes.

EASTSIDE BOYZ

• Waikiki Status
  • YIPPY -KAI- YAY $$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2023, 02:05:26 AM »
I have 9-0 New Deal that came with 5" high , 4.5"base side fins, 4.5"high, 4.5" base  center box fin that I keep 2 1/4" from the front of box. I changed to "Son of Cobra" twin fins, 7.5 degrees cant angle. Also "Brit Merrick" twin fins have more area and have 6.5 cant angle. They had more drive (pumping) and it feels like I  can "carve thru" the turns more. With 18"tail these work good chest high and up type of waves. In smaller  waves they have that "draggy" feel. So I go back to stock fins and these feel "quicker" in small waves.

These fins(twins)  have more rake in them. I tried "Al Merrick" twin fin(honeycomb) , more straight up , pivot fin. It did not feel the same. It had the 7.5 cant angle , but less rake and less area &  had no drive? Not sure why?

Son of Cobra & Brit Merrick are Fiberglass, so they are heavier . More testing to come!!

EASTSIDE BOYZ

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2023, 06:08:19 AM »
I sorted my fin set. I ordered two medium Quobba fins for the sidebites and kept my standard 7 inch centre fin. No draggy feeling…these Quobba fins are brilliant.

I’m waiting for them to bring out a 7 inch single fin for US centre boxes to complete the set.

The board feels faster and just glides better.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal