Author Topic: Jersey to PR  (Read 3023 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Jersey to PR
« on: February 28, 2023, 05:10:58 AM »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Jersey to PR
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 08:06:24 AM »
Great stuff SC!  You might just motivate me to do a PR trip during "tax-season".

I'm wondering if you have considered the "upgrade service" for your Soloshot.  Apparently the $499 upgrade provides "single spin calibration with no recalibration to no warmup or walkabout.  I would say the calibration of the SS is the factor that keeps mine at home.  I would like to hear your thoughts.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 04:16:32 PM »
Thanks Bean. I would recommend the upgrade if you're too impatient to wait for the regular calibration. I can totally understand if you don't want to wait for that thing because I've spent way too much time doing that. But sometimes the patients pays off. I've been quite lucky that my solo shot went three for three this month. Last month it went three for five so ahead of the game. There's a video on YouTube the guy Skipper something or other who reviewed The SS3+ and they are having stellar results.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 03:55:56 AM »
Nice edit Cookieman!
Looks like you had a great time in PR, that's awesome!

I have unlocked the code for the original SoloShot calibration.
It is pretty quick, but I have had close to 100% perfect follow for over a year.

Once or twice I had poor GPS reception due to location issues like too much interference from metal structures or clay cliffs, but usually corrected by moving the base a bit.

Hint: I don't follow the directions. I set it up in a different sequence I discovered after years of failure.

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2023, 04:02:53 AM »
Fun video SC!  Cool you were able to rent a decent SUP.  I’m going to PR next week, not a surf trip, going to visit my mother.  We’ll probably do a couple trips to the beach where I’ll look to rent a prone soft top.

I have the SS 25 which are discontinued but SS said they’d give me $100 off a new or refurbished SS 65.  I don’t use it enough to justify spending around $800 plus mine does work when I do use it.
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal