Author Topic: Kujira II  (Read 3242 times)

B-Walnut

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Kujira II
« on: April 02, 2023, 07:54:13 PM »
I've started to see a few a lot of kujira foils on sale and was wondering why... saw today that Kujira II is coming soon. Anyone heard anything beyond the trailer that dropped last week?

Hdip

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Kujira II
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 09:09:15 PM »
Catalog pictures in this thread. Plus an interesting new French brand too.

https://forum.progressionproject.com/t/new-takuma-foils/1728/24

B-Walnut

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 01:13:41 AM »
Catalog pictures in this thread. Plus an interesting new French brand too.

https://forum.progressionproject.com/t/new-takuma-foils/1728/24

Nice find.

I guess the question now is try to score a deal on the old... or wait and pay a premium for the new...

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 01:33:30 AM »
No question that I would wait to get the AFS version, but with the used market where it is right now I could have a takuma 1095, cabrinha 800 and a unifoil vyper 170 for the price of a new foil and still have money left over. I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun on that AFS 1050 in a year's time after someone else is bored with it. It's okay, I can wait.

StellaBlu

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 03:52:47 AM »
For anyone keen on Takuma, I’m selling a Takuma 85cm aluminum mast and fuse (warranty replacements, both used once) and will include a home chopped ~75cm mast as well. $175 for the whole kit (works with all of the current stuff but doesn’t appear to work with v2). Buyer pays shipping from Massachusetts.

B-Walnut

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 08:42:20 AM »
Well, initial pricing just landed. Definitely a price increase on the full carbon set, several hundred dollars. Not a terrible increase on the non carbon side though.

With the full carbon setup on an 1100cm foil coming in at $2,675 I would 100% want to demo that before buying and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I'm thinking of jumping ship from Takuma and trying some other foils. I think I'll give Cloud IX a demo and if I can find it, some Armstrong gear.

StellaBlu

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2023, 10:22:57 AM »
No question that I would wait to get the AFS version, but with the used market where it is right now I could have a takuma 1095, cabrinha 800 and a unifoil vyper 170 for the price of a new foil and still have money left over. I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun on that AFS 1050 in a year's time after someone else is bored with it. It's okay, I can wait.

The reality is that those foils will ride just about as good as any of the new generation foils IF you get the connections dialed in - and that is going to be the biggest difference to the new generation.  The previous generation of Takuma was very prone to connection issues and it appears they have re-engineered and shored these up a bit.  Cabrinha has also added a side bolt to the mast fuse connection (unfortunately they are still m6 bolts).  Unifoil also added a second bolt to the fuse (Vyper is a tighter connection but one bolt vs two bolts on the newer gear), although this is more of a difference in convenience than an actual engineering improvement.

Last years gear is excellent, but you need to figure out workarounds to the connections.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal