Author Topic: Professor of Happiness  (Read 3257 times)

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Professor of Happiness
« on: November 15, 2022, 09:58:11 AM »
A great and data intensive analysis on Happiness from the "Harvard Business School Professor of Happiness."    :o

Good news for the older people out there.  Maybe everyone on this forum is 'older'.

In simple terms it may come down to whether

1) You are glass half full or glass half empty
2) You can transition from Field to Crystalline Intelligence

This is very good.  Enjoy!

--> https://www.alumni.hbs.edu/video.aspx?v=1_vb9bgtql
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 10:06:58 AM by Beasho »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Professor of Happiness
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 02:12:35 PM »
Great video, I enjoyed it. I agree with most of it, I'm reasonably good at the second half of my life though I didn't start simplifying until I got to be about 65. Getting rid of race cars, trailers, motorcycles I'm not riding, and needless complications are either in progress or done. Of course, I keep taking on stupid projects, but that's mostly to keep my brain functioning.

The only piece that didn't ring true was the Chinese art/culture thing. All sculpture is about removing stuff. All painting is about adding stuff. If I see anything different in Chinese art it's the discipline to stop when the painting is finished rather than when the canvas is full. That's a question I ask artists frequently: "how do you know when your art is finished?"

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 05:53:13 PM »
I should probably watch that video every year.  I already almost forgot about his "Unbucket List"

I have been cleaning out the loft in my garage trying to turn my brain off when it says Oh this will come in handy some day for wood, camping gear, lights, rope, brackets, windsurfing skinny mast bases . . . .

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 09:55:50 AM »
Imagine applying that to my shop, which is 15,000 square feet of chaos and stuff that I'll get to someday. It is indeed a temple to unmanaged ADHD, but unless I start medicating myself again (NO!!) I need to find ways to focus.

I think this stuff is part of the solution.

Of course, Admin is sparking a new course of acquisition with all his VR exploration, but if I want to play with the new stuff, I need to ditch the old stuff.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 09:57:41 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 09:59:07 AM »
truly valuable video, Beasho -- Ive already sent to many friends -- and to my wife, a consummate achiever

thanks -- really resonates
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal