Author Topic: My Shark Story  (Read 6399 times)

FOIL STOKE

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • My Sessions
    • Email
Re: My Shark Story
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2022, 12:11:13 PM »
Bulky ,

What others have articulated so well I want to echo. You remind me of what I love about the water and the people I meet along the way. You have inspired me mate. As a father and husband my heart goes out to you.

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2022, 05:47:29 AM »
Bulky, thanks for sharing this, I’m sure it wasn’t easy. I can’t even begin to imagine the pain, anger and sadness you’ve been through in the past 5 years. Your reflections on paddling and getting on the water served as a good reminder as to why I started paddling in the first place. Keep on truckin.

SUPJorge

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2022, 02:10:53 PM »
Rolf,

Thanks for sharing this.

We all want the best for our children, and life can be so heartbraking at times, that I sometimes think it was for the best that one of my daughters left us so young. She was beautiful and pure, so I don't worry about the fate of her soul. It's the rest of us that I worry about. Anyway, that's what I tell myself.

Peace to you.

Jorge
14' SIC Bullet V2 - 9'1" Naish Hokua X32 LE

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2022, 12:45:23 AM »
My condolences on your family.  Beautiful way with words.

Bulky

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2022, 01:39:40 PM »
Hey Rolf, Wow.. I knew you were going through rough times with your little Rudy ( I'm tearing up just thinking about him). Then your your beautiful wife. Shit man. That's... just rough. The shark attack is so random and very rare, but it happened to you (your board luckily). When I'm way out there paddling (always by myself) I think about it occasionally and it messes with my head. I get over it, and get lost in the same space you do. I know the feeling. Small and away from everything. Quiet. Hang in there man. Love the ones you are with. If you are ever in the area, you got my number. I've got extra boards paddles and everything.

Thanks, TD!  I appreciate your eager responses to my random inquiries about fixing dings, etc.  Still have your number saved and hope that one of my swings down to Dana Point we'll be able to collect.  Getting curious about Unlimiteds for a few adventures I have in mind...and don't think I haven't noted that you've got a few.   :D

And to the rest of you, thanks again.  You're good people and drop me a line if you're ever in the Santa Barbara area and want to paddle.  I can (almost) guarantee there won't be any sharks!   ;)                               
Santa Barbara, CA

SIC RS 14x24.5
Infinity Blackfish 14'
Naish Glide 14' (2012)
SupSports Hammer 8'11
Starboard WidePoint 10'5
Ke Nalu Mana, Konihi, Maliko

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2022, 04:55:39 PM »
Rolf,
We'll be up visiting my daughter on the weekend of 12/3 and 12/4 if you feel like a surf.
I shared your article with friends and coworkers.  It was certainly better told than my stammering and arm waving rendition.  ;)
Til next meetup,
Jim

sup_surf_giant

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2022, 08:18:25 PM »
Life is precious gentlemen.

Taller than most, shorter than others.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal