Author Topic: Dock Starting an 8-0 Sup  (Read 2495 times)

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
Dock Starting an 8-0 Sup
« on: October 31, 2022, 12:26:19 AM »
Dock start on my DC 8-0 x 21 x 120 litre Harpoon & Axis 1300 PNG . Took a few attempts but finally nailed it .

https://youtu.be/bxF_WneU8GM
Von Piros Productions
Land Behind, Fish Below, Stories Ahead

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
Re: Dock Starting an 8-0 Sup
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 04:02:37 AM »
Here’s the bloopers reel
https://youtu.be/eOz5UR9LIGw
Von Piros Productions

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 08:46:35 AM »
Piros you have been pushing the envelope from Day-1.  Or maybe Day-2, Kai was Day-1, unless Kai was Day-0, in which case . . . .

But seriously your advice to "Lose the Weight and Try Harder" has stuck with me since Day 1,692 (roughly) of your Journey when you said it on the Progression Project.

I think you also said you wanted to be "The Best Foiler in the World."  And NO ONE CAN CLAIM that unless they can Dock start an Eight-Point-O, Ocho for short.

The other great line was from Egan Inoue (another interview with Erik on the Progression Project) when he said:

"I have found when you think you are at your absolute physical limit you are really only at 40% of your capacity."

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 09:07:01 AM »
Great video Piros, and congratulations on your dock starting accomplishment!

The bloopers reel was/is inspiring, in that it shows what it really takes to accomplish anything...hard work and determination.

I have a new Kings Paddle Sports' first entry into the DW board foil board thing in the works (7'10x19.5x115L), and can't to give all these new foil adventures a try.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

Piros

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • www.vonpiros.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 08:55:41 PM »
Thanks Beasho yeah it's more grit and determination than talent  ;D

Thanks Califoiia ( cool handle) let us know how you go on the Kings . Just one tip it's more a drop and run at the same time , it's not a drop standing start , the board just sinks. The standing start works on the small boards but not the big ones.
Von Piros Productions

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal