Author Topic: Wingfoil Stuff For Sale:  (Read 6626 times)

K-541`

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Wingfoil Stuff For Sale:
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2022, 01:07:55 PM »
Wow I should feel lucky as I only inquired about a fuse and stab.

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2022, 08:47:46 AM »
This is crazy!  Forgive me if I'm having a hard time believing cnski on this one.  It stretches the mind that this is the case of a random hacking.   Whoever wrote the ad knows A LOT about foils - exactly what gear is worth and how to put together a quiver of gear that appears logical.   I guess Admin could figure out for sure if this story checks out

Vancouver_foiler

• Atomic-Chomik
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2022, 09:16:07 AM »
This is crazy!  Forgive me if I'm having a hard time believing cnski on this one.  It stretches the mind that this is the case of a random hacking.   Whoever wrote the ad knows A LOT about foils - exactly what gear is worth and how to put together a quiver of gear that appears logical.   I guess Admin could figure out for sure if this story checks out

CNSKI's add is legit. The guy who responded to my email was not.
Going back over it, it looks like he picked up my email early on in the thread and jumped in that way. Like I said I did actually text and speak to the guy over a period of days so I wasn't suspicious. This guy was a smooth operator, and I was too stoked.
I'm pinning some hopes on my CC reimbursing the amount. I'm sure it won't take too long and will be an easy process...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 09:42:37 AM by Vancouver_foiler »

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2022, 10:21:47 AM »
CNSKI's add is legit. The guy who responded to my email was not.
Going back over it, it looks like he picked up my email early on in the thread

Really sorry that happened to you.  I never would have expected someone would do that.

I'll have to remember to never post my email address when buying things on a forum.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 10:32:50 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

VB_Foil

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • @foilgraham Insta
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2022, 03:30:05 PM »
Wow this is nuts!
I’m a 5’9” 65kg rider:

Boards:
   4' 27L Armstrong FG Wing/Surf
   4’5” 34L Armstrong FG Wing/Surf
   4'11" 60L Armstrong Wing/Sup

Foils: Armstrong HA525, HS625, HA725, HA925, HS1050, HA1125, HS1250, HA1325
Wings: BRM 2M & 3M, FreeWing Nitro 4M, OR 5M & 7M Glide

steamroller

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2022, 09:21:59 PM »
i guess i REALLY dodged a bullet then.

...i PMd CNSKI all my info and got a txt back about the Cedrus mast....ive known him for near 10 years now....internet known never met in person...but he seemd like a solid guy so i paid via Venmo...

couldve gotten screwed big time if the PM had gotten intercepted...but lucky i didnt.

i got the mast less than a week later...no fuss no muss...id this were eBay id rate a 5 star seller....great communication promt delivery item as advertised...

sorry tha scam happened to you...from now on PayPal CC all the way!...

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2022, 03:03:07 AM »
i guess i REALLY dodged a bullet then.

...i PMd CNSKI all my info and got a txt back about the Cedrus mast....ive known him for near 10 years now....internet known never met in person...but he seemd like a solid guy so i paid via Venmo...

couldve gotten screwed big time if the PM had gotten intercepted...but lucky i didnt.

i got the mast less than a week later...no fuss no muss...id this were eBay id rate a 5 star seller....great communication promt delivery item as advertised...

sorry tha scam happened to you...from now on PayPal CC all the way!...

The only person at risk of being scammed in this case was Vancouver foiler because he posted his email address in his reply on this thread. There was no hacking involved.

Private messaging is still a reasonably safe way for buyers and sellers to communicate.

Your forum email info (if you choose to include it in your profile) is also safe because your address cannot be seen. All forum email communications are done through the Standup Zone system. Your address will only be seen by the person you send the email to.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 03:58:16 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300

blockidog

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2022, 06:04:25 AM »

All,

cnski and the ad are legit.

Be careful out there as the scammers are very sophisticated.  iWindsurf recently eliminated there classifieds due to all the issues with scams.

Be careful out there...
Current:
 SUPSurf Machine 5'/93L FoilBoard
 Axis HPS1050, ART999, BSC1060, PNG1150     
 Ensis 5.2 & 3.5
 Sunova Speed 8'2"
 PSH 10'0" Hand Glassed Pulled Nose/Swallow Tail
 SIC 12'6" Bullet SCC
Prior:
 Axis 1010
 Coreban 8'0" VIBE
 PSH 8'9" Hull Ripper Carbon
 Hobie 9'4" CM Raw

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2022, 10:49:26 AM »
thanks, that makes more sense.  Sorry to all that this happened!

SUPeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2022, 07:53:39 AM »
I came close to getting scammed but stopped payment very shortly after reading your posts. Thanks all for the heads up.  I just cant understand why cnski never responded to our requests if this post was legit. All this leaves me very concerned about any future purchases off of this forum.  The guys name who hacked the system is Ricardo Morales. Anybody know him?

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2022, 08:53:58 AM »
Peter- I’m sorry you too almost got scammed by this a-hole. I’m so pissed off. I did send you a PM regarding the 1300 wing. Maybe you didn’t get it? And I have responded to this thread if you look back. Also you bought a couple FOne wings from me and actually picked them up at my place in Rhode Island :-/
I still have your phone number and can text you……..

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2022, 10:47:19 AM »
I came close to getting scammed but stopped payment very shortly after reading your posts. Thanks all for the heads up.  I just cant understand why cnski never responded to our requests if this post was legit. All this leaves me very concerned about any future purchases off of this forum.  The guys name who hacked the system is Ricardo Morales. Anybody know him?

Wait, I thought all that happened was an imposter emailed Vancouver foiler because he happened to post his email address in his reply to cnski. When and how was the system hacked?

On a side note, I was waiting for cnski to get back to me with a shipping price on the short red fuse and never heard back. Could it be that the website's private messaging system is malfunctioning on top of what happened to Vancouver foiler?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:09:49 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300

SUPeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2022, 11:27:17 AM »
I thought that the cnski name looked familiar.  I once bought two wings from him and this guy is legit. Not sure what the delay in messaging is all about but he has since contacted me and, yes, the items he has for sale are legit.  Learned a big lesson in all of this. I will definitely never post private info again.

SUS4Life

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2022, 11:32:03 AM »
From what it seems it wasn't a hack, scammer just direct email Vancouver foiler since he provided in his post.  As other have said, just use PM instead of putting your contact info on the post.

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2022, 02:12:58 PM »
It doesn’t appear that my PM’s have been hacked but it looks like several messages have not gone through and some not received. Not sure what that means though? I’m going to re-send a bunch and see if you all get them…..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal