Author Topic: Future center fin in center fin channel box: any ideas how to do that?  (Read 3463 times)

zacksc

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
I bought a set of three kelp fins which are Futures. Would love to be able to figure out a way to temporarily get that Futures center fin into my normal center fin channel box. (The board is an Infinity New Deal.) Any idea as to how I can accomplish that would be greatly appreciated.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
If I got you right this is what you need: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1027872320/futures-longboard-finbox-adapter
There are probably few more options like that at different price points
in progress...

zacksc

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot. That looks perfect!

zacksc

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
I ordered that. It ships from northern Scotland! Thanks for pointing me to that. I think center to future adapters are rare.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
You got it. Hopes it's everything you wanted.
in progress...

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
If it doesn't work out you could design your own adapter in whatever 3D cad suits you and have it printed at any of the many 3D print outfits. Speaking of which, I need to quit screwing around on the Zone and go and print some battery boxes.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

finbox

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
I have a FCS adapter- got at the local surf shop
or https://www.amazon.com/FCS-Longboard-Box-Adapter/dp/B003JCL5XW?th=1&psc=1

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Future center fin in center fin channel box: any ideas how to do that?
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 09:58:19 PM »
Old thread, but we made quite a few of these adapters, 3D printing. Different designs, different materials...they all broke.

The Futures fin is simply too wide, so at the forward end of the slot, where the thin side sections meet the bulk that the screw goes through...snap... The alternative was to thin out the futures fin to the width of the FCS1 in order to add material to the adapter.

In the end, I contemplated machining one out of titanium, but then I thought...why? I have a load of small thruster US box center fins, even three Futures F6 honeycombs.

Tilting at windmills  :o

https://futuresfins.com/products/f6-us-base

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Future center fin in center fin channel box: any ideas how to do that?
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2022, 04:28:55 AM »
I use polycarbonate with carbon fill for anything structural. Some folks compare it to aluminum. I'm not that silly, but it is strong. I've used it to make a folding prop for my fake foil drive and it works, though I fully expect to lose a blade someday.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal