Author Topic: Toeside Harness Hook In? YES PLEASE (VIDEO)  (Read 1502 times)

DailyBread Surf Photo

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • RapidRescoreCredit.com
Toeside Harness Hook In? YES PLEASE (VIDEO)
« on: June 20, 2022, 01:22:08 AM »
Take your back hand and hold front handle, your back will thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_AkC3GqzCY&t=7s

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Toeside Harness Hook In? YES PLEASE (VIDEO)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 07:04:44 PM »
Works even better with a fake boom. You can tune the pul by just rotating your hand a little to raise or lower the tail of the wing. Rasing it brings the wingtip in like closing the gap on a windsurfer.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 07:38:32 PM »
I gotta try this but maybe not in our gusty wind. lol

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 09:13:05 AM »
I tried a single-line setup with the harness hooked with a QD shackle I can pull to release the harness line. The idea is to stay hooked in all the time, like a kiter. The line is fairly long so I can do any transitions where the wing is rotated forward or overhead. Behind the back would require some kind of maneuver I'm not about to try (I'd strangle myself). I stole the idea from someone who did it with a chest harness. I did it with my waist belt and more or less got it to work, though not enough to persist. Getting back on the board and going while hooked in is going to take some practice. I might try it again with a chest attachment when the wind stabilizes a bit here. The idea of being hooked in all the time doesn't appeal to younger folks, but for a geezer like me hooking in is a huge relief. Yesterday the wind in the gorge was strong enough to use a 3.5. In the gusty, shifty wind the 3.5 was leaping around like a puppy on a leash. When I hooked in everything calmed down and I enjoyed the ride to the hatchery (which had about a million windsurfers mowing the lawn). I turned around and downwinded back to the event center and wore myself out hanging onto the crazy pup.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal