Author Topic: Is Kenalu still in business?  (Read 12367 times)

SUS4Life

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Is Kenalu still in business?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2022, 12:02:20 PM »
Have you check you junk mail? sometime my email provider accidentally put my important mail in the junk folder.

bigmak

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2022, 02:13:44 PM »
Have you check you junk mail? sometime my email provider accidentally put my important mail in the junk folder.

Ya, nothing there.  Thanks for the suggestion tho.  I just had that happen last week with something else I'd ordered online, so I've been pretty diligent about checking my junk mail more often since. 
Custom Kronos 10'x33
Custom Foote 10'4 x 34
Fanatic Allwave 9'10 x 33
Starboard Avanti 11'2 x 36
Joe Blair 11'3 x 38
Naish Glide GTW 14'x30

Supduff

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2022, 06:23:05 PM »
I’ve had dealings with Dean at Kenalu recently with no issues. Responsive to enquires and prompt to dispatch orders. Hope you sort your issues, sounds like a communication breakdown.
Cheers.

Supduff

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2022, 03:46:51 PM »
I’ve had dealings with Dean at Kenalu recently with no issues. Responsive to enquires and prompt to dispatch orders. Hope you sort your issues, sounds like a communication breakdown.
Cheers.

Whoops. Didn’t twig that you were talking about the US. I was referring to the Australian distributor.
Cheers.

bigmak

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2022, 05:52:37 PM »
I'm just guessing, but I suspect not.

Just to cap this thread off, I do believe that Bill was right.  After 2 weeks with no update on the shaft I ordered, and no response from them, I disputed the charge with Amex.  It can sometimes take weeks to resolve a disputed charge, but Amex refunded me just hours later, which I assume means Kenalu is no longer in business. 
Custom Kronos 10'x33
Custom Foote 10'4 x 34
Joe Blair 11'3 x 38
Naish Glide GTW 14'x30

Green Water Sports

• Site Sponsor
  • Peahi Status
  • https://greenwatersports.com
    • View Profile
    • Green Water Sports - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2022, 06:47:43 PM »
Amex refunds you immediately because that’s what credit card companies do. Nothing to do with Ke Nalu. If it was a legit purchase and you were shipped items, you dispute charge, Amex would refund you, deduct from shop and then shop are left to fight back for the money of sale. Very hard to win these cases, even if everything was done correctly, shops get screwed.

Don’t know about Ke Nalu, but no communication is not a good sign.
Julian
https://greenwatersports.com
Green Water Sports LLC - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more. Call us on 1-888-252-4983
Red Paddle Co, Starboard, SIC Maui, Tahe, Naish, Fanatic, Accent Paddles, Onyx, FCS, Vamo

bigmak

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2022, 09:59:13 AM »
Amex refunds you immediately because that’s what credit card companies do. Nothing to do with Ke Nalu. If it was a legit purchase and you were shipped items, you dispute charge, Amex would refund you, deduct from shop and then shop are left to fight back for the money of sale. Very hard to win these cases, even if everything was done correctly, shops get screwed.

Don’t know about Ke Nalu, but no communication is not a good sign.

I was never shipped anything.  So still have a really nice handle and Ho'oloa blade that'll just be taking up space in my garage.  I'd rather have gotten the new shaft.  (I'm pretty sure it's the paddle I purchased from you a couple of years ago actually.)

I've had contested charges sometimes take several weeks to clear up.  I've never had one clear in less than 8 hours. 
Custom Kronos 10'x33
Custom Foote 10'4 x 34
Joe Blair 11'3 x 38
Naish Glide GTW 14'x30

Green Water Sports

• Site Sponsor
  • Peahi Status
  • https://greenwatersports.com
    • View Profile
    • Green Water Sports - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2022, 10:18:53 AM »
Lane just confirmed to me he is likely closing down the business.
Julian
https://greenwatersports.com
Green Water Sports LLC - Inflatable SUP boards & stand up paddle boards & more. Call us on 1-888-252-4983
Red Paddle Co, Starboard, SIC Maui, Tahe, Naish, Fanatic, Accent Paddles, Onyx, FCS, Vamo

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2022, 10:29:30 AM »
very sorry to hear that, julian
and i hope lane is ok -- nice guy -- bums me out that a good product, dealt by nice folk, couldnt be viable
might be lane got in over head trying to be a foil factor

so Burchas, what's next paddle for me for surf only sup -- 63 yo -- shoulders not so great?

since youve prolly tried more paddles than anyone on here..............
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal