Author Topic: Best paddle for foil sup  (Read 12916 times)

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Best paddle for foil sup
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2022, 03:54:47 PM »
I still have a Molokai blade and you've convinced me to glue that back in and give it another shot for foiling.

soepkip

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2022, 02:09:21 AM »
I still have a Molokai blade and you've convinced me to glue that back in and give it another shot for foiling.
I broke 2 Molokai blades years ago, on the connection with the shaft that was before foiling.
Kenalu was great with warranty. I have a mana 90 now but I still have a Molokai blade and another shaft so I will give it a try....

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2022, 10:53:44 AM »
RIP my elbow and shoulder, but here goes.  Will report back here after my next session.  I'm pretty certain I will miss the amazing feel of the Mana - I recall the feel of the Molokai being quite "barbaric" in comparison.  I felt like I was stepping up to a much more refined design.  Can I wish/beg/dream for a 100sqin Mana?

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2022, 04:16:44 AM »
I was worried about the shoulders but then took the “Haley” approach which is a slow and steady paddle to the lineup.  No need to rush.

Then when you need to takeoff paddle like a crazy mo-fo

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2022, 04:02:38 PM »
I was worried about the shoulders but then took the “Haley” approach which is a slow and steady paddle to the lineup.  No need to rush.

Then when you need to takeoff paddle like a crazy mo-fo

System's Update:  Shoulders DID start to hurt after 1 1/2 months.

I have switched back to a smaller paddle.  I would like to think I could super-hero through the mechanics but NO.  Too many furious takeoff attempts wear on the muscles and it was starting to negatively effect my winging as well. 

SUS4Life

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2022, 10:36:45 PM »
Which shaft are you using? I used to have shoulder problem too but since switching the Xtuf shaft from a full carbon(Werner) shaft, my shoulder issue when away in a few weeks. 

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2022, 11:00:00 PM »
I've been switching between my old 95 KeNalu and a Quickblade Ono Ava 105 i got about two months ago.  The 105 is a beast and I've been very careful not to go crazy with it until I get my shoulders up to par.  I can go crazy with the 95 as it seems like a salad fork in comparison.  Also doing lots of shoulder work with dumbbells.  Everything I do now is like climbing Everest, so I'm careful.  Finally learning how to be that way at 71.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2022, 08:26:41 AM »
I'm spending a silly amount of time recommissioning my electric three-wheel recumbent. My knee doc and PT says pedal something but don't fall. And don't overdo it on hills. Back to the unloader brace. Keeping up our bodies to do the shit we love to do is not an option. The only other option is quit and get on the bus. Not happening.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal