Author Topic: Kujira 1095 complete kit  (Read 3804 times)

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Kujira 1095 complete kit
« on: April 10, 2022, 10:44:19 PM »
I've decided to go all in on axis from here forward.  The 1095 is a really nice foil setup and I put a lot into getting everything really nicely dialed.  For the right person, this is an incredible deal.  This Takuma fuselage was set with excessive angle on the foil that only worked on boards with a LOT of tail rocker.  All the modern boards are much flatter in the box area and needed 2+deg of baseplate shims to work right.  The modifications fix all this without baseplate shims.  I upgraded the center screw on the fuse, mast, and Cedrus adapter to m8 because the m6 bolts just aren't burly enough in my opinion.

Will ship anywhere for actual shipping cost. 

$1200 for everything, $1000 without the KD Maui tail
Kujira 1095 - in very good condition, used about a dozen times, no scratches
Takuma aluminum Fuselage, modified center mast screw to m8 for rigidity/strength
Takuma 75cm aluminum mast - modified with 2.5deg of fuse angle to match the carbon mast and new fuselage angle, center screw tapped to M8
Cedrus mast adapter - modified with 2.5deg of fuse angle and m8 center screw
Takuma tail 220 - brand new, never used
KDMaui 13.5" tail 30mm hole spacing

I will only sell the KDMaui tail with this kit, I'll keep it if the buyer doesn't want it.  Its a perfect match for the 1095, so I want to keep it paired.

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Kujira 1095 complete kit
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 05:57:29 PM »
price redux - several people pointed out that the mast had been previously bent and straightened as I've posted about publicly.  Sorry - wasn't intending to be misleading.  So reducing $200 and throwing the mast in free.  Even though in my opinion the mast is totally fine and I've ridden it plenty post straightening.  $800 for the whole kit, $1000 with the KD maui tail.

Where else could you get a high end ready to go foil for $800?

StellaBlu

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 06:31:47 AM »
This is a great deal for someone.  Im on nearly the same setup.

Curious whether you think the mast angle issue was specific to your setup for some reason, or if the issue is universal? Do you think it was an issue on the base plate, or the fuselage?

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 08:04:13 AM »
The angle is built into the fuselage.  I believe it was developed that way to counteract tail rocker in the boards they tested it with.  With my flat bottom boards it was immediately noticeable as a nose-down riding attitude and even more on takeoff it has way too much lift because of the added angle of attack versus the attitude of the board coming up to speed

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 07:37:27 PM »
Sold!

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 01:29:47 PM »
slight modification -
The Project Cedrus adapter with 2.5deg  and m8 modification is still available for $50 shipped in the US.  If someone can use it, great!   I think its only useful for the older fuselages that had way too much angle of attack out of the box.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal