Author Topic: Swim Missiles  (Read 8094 times)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Swim Missiles
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2023, 10:02:35 PM »

Me too, but it's mostly because I'm a cheap bastard. Mark is too.

Dave Daum just blew my mind. I'm going to go have a Mai Tai and think about this. Maybe I went the wrong way on pressure (well, vacuum, but it winds up being pressure), but it worked...   ...sometimes.

Pono, Tarquin, maybe I got lucky but I use that crap aquarium pump reversed and it's flawless. I just realized that it's accidentally probably doing exactly what Dave does. Low pressure but I always get the carbon on and never crush blanks.

I do get a little lean lamination on the outer glass layer from time to time but my fill coat fixes that and the boards are pretty bomber. Accidentally hit the sweet spot with that hack. Who knew?

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2023, 09:24:41 AM »
Thanks for the inspiration.  I agree flexibility is a must.  I do at least a 15-minute stretch/yoga most days.  I came across this  https://us.zen8swimtrainer.com/products/zen8swimtrainer.  I'm sure I could DIY for less, but I may just hit the easy button and order one.  I like the idea of adding in 15 minutes a day on days when I'm too busy to get in a full workout.  I'm also going to try a few swim gloves out in the pool. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2023, 03:38:34 PM »
I almost ordered one but 70 bucks to ship to Maui? Nope.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUPeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2023, 06:41:42 AM »
That board looks amazing.!   8 lbs!  holy shit, that's light!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal