Author Topic: DJI Action 2 almost a perfect upgrade to the Session Hero5  (Read 2705 times)

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
DJI Action 2 almost a perfect upgrade to the Session Hero5
« on: January 20, 2022, 02:39:36 PM »
I wanted to love the dji action 2, the short battery life is a real bummer.  I made a video of action cams I am using now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUuYEotA3y4
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

supthecreek

Re: DJI Action 2 almost a perfect upgrade to the Session Hero5
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 03:44:54 PM »
Good one Clay... your 360 vids are amazing!
Thanks for the reviews.

I wish they still made the Sessions AND that DaKine still made it's stiff brim Trucker Caps.(lesser brims won't support a camera without excessive vibration)
The Sessions is amazing in simplicity and quality. My camera and I are in sync.... we both run out of juice after about 3 hours.

The larger format Hero's take amazing video but for me they are to big and heavy for my hat cam mount, so it vibrates and will smack me in the face in a bad wipeout.
I also find the on/off button and record button much harder to use than the Sessions 5.
I went back to my foolproof Sessions. Since I don't need a screen, it does everything I need it to do.

My "Kook Hat Cam" setup has treated me so well over the years, but when my 2 sessions and aging hats are gone, I hope some camera will step up to fill the void!

sflinux

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 08:14:35 AM »
Excellent review.  Clay if you made a video review of your favorite camera mount systems that would be awesome (i.e. paddle mount, harness mount, board mount, etc).
p.s. I love your foiling videos.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 08:22:11 AM by sflinux »
Quiver Shaped by: Joe Blair, Blane Chambers, Jimmy Lewis, Kirk McGinty, and Bob Pearson.
Me: 200#, 6'2"

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 04:00:21 PM »
Thanks Rick.  I agree the Session is the best surfer cam, I only made the pole cam vids because that camera is light weight enough to be ridable.  I really hope dji addresses the problems as their camera has tons of potential and could be a welcome upgrade to the Session.

Thanks SFlinux.  Mounts, totally camera dependent.  The wobble weight and editing make or break a shot, and how much effort it takes to get watchable footage.  If dji makes one with a bigger battery I would totally rethink and make custom mounts just for that camera, simply because it's lightweight enough not to feel it and at the right angle can get a good shot with minimal editing. 

For me at this point all 360 is to editing intensive to be usable everyday, once in a while it's okay, but all the time would require a full time editor just to keep up...and the distorted look and stitch lines get old after a while
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal