Author Topic: Load testing my prone setup  (Read 3604 times)

EastCoastFoiler

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Load testing my prone setup
« on: March 21, 2022, 10:00:25 AM »
I was curious about flex in my prone setup.  I built this setup to Be the stiffest prone foil set up on the planet. Board is solid Divinycell blank with Pilar boxes and 2 x 6 oz carbon plus a few patches. 

I ran the following rig to 104 KG to simulate hard riding forces.  Rachet strap is providing tension, sandbag is just to stabilize the test.  I referenced off a spot on the mast 3mm from the fuse and took angle measurements in different areas before and after load.  I repeated once to ensure consistent results.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 10:02:31 AM by EastCoastFoiler »

EastCoastFoiler

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Load testing my prone setup
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 10:10:29 AM »
Results

My measurement points were Zero on the leading edge of the mast 3 in below the fuse connection, on the front wing right in front of the connection, on the fuse right before the rear wing, leading edge of the mast right infront of the plate, bottom of the board right infront of the plate, and finally a repeatable spot on the nose.

I'm showing 1.9 degrees of overall flex between the front wing and the front of the board.  1 degree of that is between the lower mast measurement and the front of the board.  .15 is in the mast itself, and .77 degrees of flex is in the fuse or fuse wing connection.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Load testing my prone setup
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 11:06:16 AM »
Very cool, you geek. Most folks just guess and treat the result as reality. Respect.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal