Author Topic: Fumbalaya  (Read 1753 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Fumbalaya
« on: January 14, 2022, 09:16:23 PM »
Fumbalaya. Fake Jumbalaya. I made shrimp and sausage Jambalaya tonight with almost none of the required ingredients: Some kind of sissy keto chicken sausage from Costco, no peppers, no Okra, none of the required spices. Diane and I have become intolerant to garlic and onion (FUCK, really??? What's next? Air??). So within those narrow parameters, I managed to make kick-ass Jambalaya. How? Simple. it's all about the roux. Cook the roux until it's dark brown, like coffee, and everything else works. I did the shrimp separately, in a carbon steel pan so hot that the avocado oil was smoking hard. Blasted one side while I dumped hot paprika and red pepper flakes on the other side then flipped the shrimp, salt, pepper, and deglaze the pan with some decent chardonnay with the shrimp in place and dumped the whole mess into the Jambalaya. A mound of rice, a few scoops of Jambalaya, a splash of Tabasco, and a bit of flake salt (Josephson, of course, what, did you think I'm some kind of hick??). A nice glass of Chateau Magdalena and who the fuck cares about the missing Okra?
I'm going to get another glass and watch Bottle Shock. Diane and Twila are chipping by the pool at the target (it's a golf thing) and they're going to go do some putting. I'm envious. this will actually be better reheated. Jambalaya always is.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal