Author Topic: i need some HELP on custom dimensions for a "ripper" board under 9'..  (Read 2817 times)

808assassin

• Waikiki Status
  • 9' PSH HAND-GLASSED
    • View Profile
i weigh about 150 and im about 5'7"....

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Here's what I think.. Something like this.

DJ

8'0 x 30 1/2 x 4 1/2.

Sam Pa'e

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Aloha...808
I think these will work for you.....
i weigh about 150 and im about 5'7"....
The 8'-6"x 28-1/2"x 4-3/4" (the board on the left) works good for me.....and I'm 5'-10"    225lb.

or ...............you can try a 7'-8"x 29"x 4-3/4" (the bord on the right) this dimension may work for you to.

You can start there!!!!......Are you here in Hawaii???

Aloha.....Sam
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:51:22 PM by Sam Pa'e »

808assassin

• Waikiki Status
  • 9' PSH HAND-GLASSED
    • View Profile
hey sam.. yeah im located here in hawaii.. i like the sound of that 7'8".. i currently ride a 9'0 PSH and i love it.. but i kinda want to push it and go shorter on the board.. davidjohn that board looks fun but i need a board that's not too wide.. nothing wider than 28" & 4" thick.. thanks for the info.. i'll look more into it

Sam Pa'e

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
hey sam.. yeah im located here in hawaii.. i like the sound of that 7'8".. i currently ride a 9'0 PSH and i love it.. but i kinda want to push it and go shorter on the board..
So are you planing to shape your own board?.........or are you going to have some one else do it? If you are then I have a blank for you (no stringer)......PM me!

Aloha......Sam

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
This one is coming back to Maui this month.  It is very fun for glassy, normal sized waves.  If you are here, you are welcome to give it a go.

8'6, 4.5 thick, 27.5 wide

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
Hey Assassin! I'm planing to shape this kind of board.
 under 28" wide! There are nice boards in this thread!
Here is my project, version 1.

I want a fast board with a big front rocker and volume at the tail.
It's actually 28'61" wide but it will be less once shape finished.
I have to improve. What 's your opinion?

808assassin

• Waikiki Status
  • 9' PSH HAND-GLASSED
    • View Profile
hey sam.. no shaper here.. i need someone to shape it.. willing to pay if the price is right..   ;D  i know PSH charging 1400.. kinda steep.. so right now im pretty much just looking around..

hey ADMIN!.. that looks like my KINDA BOARD  =) ship it to oahu.. is that epoxy or hand glassed?

hey Paddle-Plappe.. that designs sick!! for that board.. looks super fun to ride! 

much mahalos for the info guys!! there's so many designs to chose from.

if you know someone that'll shape me that board that ADMIN has.. i'll be in heaven  :)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email

hey ADMIN!.. that looks like my KINDA BOARD  =) ship it to oahu.. is that epoxy or hand glassed?

:D ;D

If only the super ferry were running, I would be happy to have someone drop it to you for some water time.  At 150 lbs, a board like this could be your money board.  4.5" thick might be too much for you, but I think you would be pretty stoked with the other dimensions. 

This one is hand shaped epoxy with a stringer.

Sam Pa'e

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
hey sam.. no shaper here.. i need someone to shape it.. willing to pay if the price is right..   ;D  i know PSH charging 1400.. kinda steep.. so right now im pretty much just looking around..
Hmmmmmmm........If you want I can get you the 8'-6" or the 7'-8" complete with pad, leash, fin, & carbon paddle at a great deal. PM me if your interested.

Here a vid on the 8'-6"
http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=2767.45

Aloha......Sam

808assassin

• Waikiki Status
  • 9' PSH HAND-GLASSED
    • View Profile
haha i agree ADMIN.. i need less thickness & less width.. i would have tons of fun with that board.. you probably wouldn't even get it back LOL!!

hey sam thanks for the offer.. i think im gonna keep my options open for awhile .. but if i do change my mind.. i'll def. get back to you on that offer

again guys mahalos.. it's just hard to find that perfect board.. haha

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal