Author Topic: Looking for a really high quality board bag.  (Read 2736 times)

zacksc

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Looking for a really high quality board bag.
« on: December 19, 2021, 04:32:15 PM »
I am going to be keeping a 10'x 29" Infinity New Deal outdoors and I am looking for a high quality board bag to keep that in. In the past I would have gone with Airwave, Mark DuPaix, who made really good stuff. Does that business still exist at all? Is there an heir apparent?

The reason I need such a good bag is because I am keeping the board outdoors. I have found that with most commercial bags rodents eat into it right away. For some reason, the 2015  bag I got from Airwavesf is completely uneffected by that. It is still in excellent shape with no chewed holes after 5 years outdoors. With several commercial bags that were right next to it I have had the opposite experience. Might be something different about the material they use? Does anyone have any idea what the different types of material are and what Airwavesf may have used? What is most resistant to rodents, etc. ?  Any help will be most appreciated.  Thank you!

One minute. I'll take a picture of my old bag and upload it. It is for a surfboard. I am hoping to find an SUP bag made of similar material and quality....  Here it is.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 04:43:48 PM by zacksc »

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a really high quality board bag.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 08:10:11 PM »
Zack
The Sunova board bags are bomb proof. I have trailered mine behind my bike over a 5 years span and no issues. Zippers still good.  I am not sure if the are “rodent proof”. Might be hard to find one.

Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 05:17:34 PM »
I keep my board outside for years through hot summers and long cold winters. I just used white tarp and it works.
Every now and again when I pick up the tarp to pick up a board I'm pleasantly surprised to find a bunny underneath thought technically not a rodent.
My wife called it the Board Bunny, she believe he protects the boards, I have no reason to believe otherwise. Tarp and boards still in tact :)

in progress...

zacksc

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 10:36:46 PM »
Zack
The Sunova board bags are bomb proof. I have trailered mine behind my bike over a 5 years span and no issues. Zippers still good.  I am not sure if the are “rodent proof”. Might be hard to find one.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I'll check that out.
I noticed you use a KeNalu 84 Konihi paddle as your primary. Is that the one you prefer for surfing? How does that compare to the Mana?

FRP

• Bob
  • Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 07:17:38 AM »
Zack

Bob

Thanks Bob. I'll check that out.
I noticed you use a KeNalu 84 Konihi paddle as your primary. Is that the one you prefer for surfing? How does that compare to the Mana?

Hi Zack. Lots of discussions on paddles in older posts to check out. https://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,37106.msg427895.html#msg427895 Of my paddles the Konihi is my preferred surf paddle. The catch occasionally “catches me” and I pull myself off the board.  Will definitely stick with Kenalu if this paddle ever breaks. Bob
Sunova 8'10" Speeed
Sunova 8’7” Creek
Sunova 9’x30” Revolution
KeNalu Konihi 84 (primary paddle)
Kialoa Pipes II
Werner Nitro Carbon

"The time spent surfing is time that is added to my life" “In the ocean we are all connected”
Anon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal