Author Topic: Ready for the Metaverse?  (Read 19168 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Ready for the Metaverse?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2022, 10:31:15 AM »
I watched the build a hotrod video with the sound off. Amazing stuff. It will take some time to master that design approach, but it's exactly what I want--sketch to drawing to 3d model. Shit howdy, that's good stuff.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2022, 01:50:19 AM »
I watched the build a hotrod video with the sound off. Amazing stuff. It will take some time to master that design approach, but it's exactly what I want--sketch to drawing to 3d model. Shit howdy, that's good stuff.

This is really cool for your 3D printing.  Import and export obj files, scans and all relevant file types.

What an incredible example of a bungled message.  When all of this amazing stuff exists, most think of awful avatars and half baked games. 

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2022, 01:37:35 AM »
I'm abbout ready to try it but not sure if I can make it work for my company owned pc. It doesn't seem exactly like just adding my own monitors. Battery life matters too as I am all day long online. I'd like to end up with a virtual office that I can take anywhere.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2022, 08:03:40 AM »
I am currently sitting in front of two 37" curved 3840 x 1600 monitors, which have been a game changer for me, vs racks of smaller monitors (and stacks of 12 x 12 CRT "green screens" in the 80's and 90's).
Id bet the clarity of character detail i require isnt yet there with this, but it will likely be soon. Very cool. The 3D build and engineering stuff looks amazing--for those with the brain power to operate. I am not one of those! Ill stick to my knitting. Pays my bills.

Sounds like youre deeper than ever into brain sports, admin--enjoy.
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2022, 08:25:30 AM »
Hah,

I am enjoying this !  Deep, I have heard that he PC integrations are a step behind Mac but I haven't tried with a Windows machine yet.

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2023, 01:54:14 PM »
I didn't pull the trigger on Meta Quest Pro at $1500 - then it was $1000 - still haven't actually pinged my security dept - I'm so sure they will say "no" - it's the easy option .....

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2023, 03:11:04 PM »
Stillllll haven't done the deed :D
Looking hard at the Immersed in-house product: https://www.visor.com/shop

Still not sure my company will let me connect these to the company PC :( Having to get it on the PC and transmitting to WiFi will make them unhappy - mostly because they think different is bad.

this guy has it set up about how I would want mine - and it 2021 he had been doing it over  2 years.

https://medium.com/immersedteam/working-from-orbit-39bf95a6d385

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2023, 11:18:01 AM »
I have really enjoyed the Quest Pro.  I use it every day.  It hasn't replaced my laptop but it is amazing for many things.  I am really looking forward to the Vision Pro.  That is going to be an epic device. 

Most recently I have been using the Quest Pro for the CS 50 courses like below. What a stunning piece of online education that is. Essentially, Harvard has put their computer science program online and holy cow! I'm blown away by how well thought out and orchestrated it is.  The Python course below is a freaking masterpiece.  You can start at hello world, but by the end you can feel comfortable to interact with any API, integrate machine learning and AI libraries into your code, use and maipulate big data sets from any available source, etc.  Really remarkable.  I have been watching the lectures and working through the coding excersizes using the Quest and it is a super comfortable and immersive way to do it.

That can either be done all natively through a browser IDE or streaming from a computer using a desktop IDE.  I am really hopeful that Vision pro will come wth native apps that make full desktop functionalty possible without a second device.  The harware is certainly capable enough.  Amazing times!

https://youtu.be/nLRL_NcnK-4
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 04:45:46 AM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2023, 04:21:35 AM »
On the Meta side things keep getting better.  The Quest 3 is outstanding and inexpensive.  For may users this could now be a standalone computing option as key native apps continue showing up.  Office was the big one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF7jknY3hYk

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2023, 11:29:14 AM »
Damn, I left my Quest Pro in hood river. I never use it there because it doesn't work well in water or on dirt bikes. Maui is a different story. Here, it's just water, and that gets a bit monotonous when it's all I do. I also didn't bring any 3D printers and took all the ones I had here home--so that was particularly stupid. So I've revived the towbot effort, not the bot itself (I left that in Hood River (duh)), but I'm working on the navigation system. Our friendly geek crack dealer LillyGo released this new version of the Zen board (they call it the T-Beam, but it's one with everything) in a particularly elegant form factor. It's not waterproof, but I can fix that. The explanation of why this is so cool is long and tedious. Suffice it to say, it will make bringing the towbot back to me or having it follow me much easier. I still have to write some code to keep it from running me over and doing the steering, but I can handle that, especially once I go through all the CS50 classes--thanks for that; another timesink. In theory, I already know Python; in practice, I've forgotten all the hard stuff.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 11:31:54 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2024, 04:43:11 AM »
That looks sweet!  You are on your way to being a baremetal guy and dreaming in binary.   

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2024, 06:46:19 PM »
Nah, I dream in Qubits. Or FORTRAN.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal