Author Topic: Cancun foiling? Mast length?  (Read 3589 times)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Cancun foiling? Mast length?
« on: December 06, 2021, 09:17:19 PM »
Heading to Cancun for Christmas this year. Staying in an enormo-resort with the whole family. I'm taking wing gear and am trying to not tote a ton of it so wanting to just bring one mast. Anyone been down there? Should I just bring a 65cm and leave the big 85cm at home? Not sure how the water depths are.

Also, if you have tips let me know. I'm meeting a couple of locals for some sessions. Mostly situated south of the hotel zone closer to Puerto Morelos and should be able to wing right off the beach there but we will be looking to escape the buffet and pool bar to see some real life I'm sure.

808sup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Cancun foiling? Mast length?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 08:14:29 AM »
Be careful down there cowboy! A quick search tells me it’s not the safest place to travel anymore. I spent part of my honeymoon there in “83” and loved it, but time has changed and it isn’t on my places to revisit anymore.😢 FWIW, Maui has room for you and your family!

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Cancun foiling? Mast length?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 07:40:50 PM »
All good man. I live in LA. The murder rates here never really drop. But we're mostly in a gated resort. Definitely not my choice though I'm grateful for the break.

It's the good thing about Los Angeles. No place is much more expensive nor much more dangerous (statistically.) Where I live is pretty nice and safe but all places are who you are and where you are. I did see some of the news articles.

Though Maui is on the list. There's just too many people there I know now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal