Author Topic: Why is Naish so un-mentioned on this forum  (Read 22659 times)

SurfIC

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Naish so un-mentioned on this forum
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2022, 06:10:49 AM »
The Hover is a great wing board, volume towards the back, no swing weight, light, bullet proof and not as expensive as others. The S25 used is very cheap. The other day I was winging at full pelt and hit the bottom of a bar I wasn't aware off and the board just absorbed it.. I was amazed!! Just b4 I sold my 85L I had 3 X S25's... I hide this picture from my wife. She still thinks it's one board!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 06:13:24 AM by SurfIC »
78kgs
Board- Naish 4'10 60L
Foils - Gong Curve H, L and M
Wing 4m and 5m Airush
*Prone surf - Flying Fish 4'6 35L

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2022, 11:30:43 AM »
My friend Rob has the new LE (limited edition) Naish Hover shown at the beginning of this vid from yesterday at Dromana beach.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2022, 07:51:13 AM »
Will be interesting to see what Austin K does for the Naish brand in the US for prone and DW foiling. Will the cool kids finally accept that every brand can make a halfway decent foil now?

I get that some foils are built better (all carbon from Lift and Armie or the machining of Axis) but I submit Takuma as an example of a wing who's hardware really isn't that special, it just works well.

Did the Thrust ruin Naish forever or will Austin show something new? AUS seems to love them as Hdip and I often mention. But in the US it's basically the same as my much hated Gong gear.

Is Austin Malo (who is seen as transcending his gear?) Or Mr. Bennets who took Uni far past Signature (who had a strong lead on Uni I'll remind.)

We shall see. Also, did the cool Lift and Armie kids give him crap in FL this week? lol But for real, have we seen clips of him yet? He did not place this year. 

Yes, I'm starting something with Naish guys I know lol. But for real. Will Austin continue to progress on these foils? We will see. I kinda hope so actually but I'm just that way.

Hdip

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2022, 08:19:03 AM »
Austin Kalama actually got first in the sup division of foilsurfracingleague. 6th in prone.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbEfhkdOMLy/?utm_medium=copy_link

Gonna be hard to ever beat Mateo Ell in those races.

Yeah all brands have pros and cons. The Naish mid aspects look real interesting to me. It’s another axis lineup though where you don’t know where to start. Or which years gear you’re buying and will it be compatible with these other thirty options. So I think that hurts them a bit.

The funny thing is the thrust was a super good surf foil. It’s just once you learn to foil you go into this phase where pumping is the best thing in the world. So going back to a pure surf foil that is more difficult to pump feels like going backwards. Then once you carry a full carbon setup back and forth from your car it’s hard to go back to aluminum.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 08:22:32 AM by Hdip »

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2022, 12:29:48 PM »
I’m rapt about Austin joining Naish and it will be very interesting to see if he has any influence on the development of the Naish gear..

I struggled with the early Thrust foils but once the new Jet range evolved I’ve seen a continual improvement and I’m loving the current stuff..

The new Matador LT wings are awesome.. Here’s a resent vid from my local beach..

Solent Foiler

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2022, 02:49:23 PM »
Review of the 2022 range

https://youtu.be/yONWBfJ3iyM
I'm 5'10", 66kg riding:
Swift Foil Boards custom 4'10 x 19.5" 35L
Gong Lethal 4'6 65L
Axis ART 799, 899, 1099, HPS 880 US & CS Adv fuse, 85cm mast
Gong Fluid L-S, XXL-S on 85cm and 65cm mast
Takuma RS 5.1, 4.3, 3.5

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2022, 12:17:08 AM »
Last week I got to try my new MA foil.. I really liked it.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2022, 08:10:14 AM »
Ok this thread proves something. 9'000+ views and only 36 replies, with a high percentage David John. Naish US social media team where are you?

I do see people on JD Followcam YouTube vids with top to bottom Naish rigs having fun, but I assume they know Naish employees or Robbie, living on Maui. I see just as many other brands.

But seriously, I'd hoped that this would elicit tons of responses from people saying how great their Naish stuff was and it's just the loud posters on here who ride Axis, Takuma, Armstrong, Lift, etc. That didn't really happen. Of course this isn't scientific but basically until the rippers at my local and on social media start piping up, like they recently did about Uni and Cabrinha's new foils, I'll assume that Naish is "pretty good" a but nothing I have to seek out.

Note that I'm not saying one thing bad about the brand or gear. I have no info on it. But there's a marketing lesson in here for anyone who's reading.

Ready to see Austin blow my mind.

Hdip

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2022, 08:23:47 AM »
I personally dislike when a brand changes major components each year. Naish has changed fuselage's multiple times now and now has a new mast that isn't backwards compatible.

I sold all my AXIS gear when they switched to the black fuse. (Other reasons too like I was injured at the time)

You buy into the major brands thinking there will be an affordable upgrade path though. A guys asked me why I'm upset the brand is getting better. If I have to buy half the new gear, then I might as well just buy all the new gear at that point. It's fun to try different stuff. I haven't made it back around to Naish yet.

spindrift

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2022, 10:19:13 AM »
I own three Naish boards. One of them is a decade old 14' carbon downwind board, the other two are Hovers. I'm happy with them all. I still find the old 14' a joy to paddle and the Hovers are light, strong, and well made. I didn't go for Naish foils or wings; other brands felt like better investments based on reviews and inspection.

I have found this site extremely useful and entertaining. I have purchased stuff on the classifieds. The videos shared are great! BUT. I do question how representative the opinions are of the market. I just noticed when logging on that there were 75 guests and 4 members. Seems a whole lot of interested viewers that don't voice their preferences compared to the few that do.
Life Rewards Movement

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2022, 12:16:12 PM »
Spindrift, exactly. We're not hearing from many people.

Wingfoil2001

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2022, 01:39:22 PM »
Naish has been an entry level foil in previous years. Those people using them tend not to post reviews or froth as they tend to be learning. Now that Naish foils are much more refined, especially the new full carbon CFS range I think experienced foilers will move to the range and provide more feedback.

supmmmm

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2022, 06:20:36 PM »
My first low aspect setup was a Naish thrust. Almost went to the Jet when I was upgrading but the bonded mast issues I had heard about pushed me elsewhere. Now on axis gear - don’t see me coming back.

EastCoastFoiler

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2022, 04:45:56 AM »
The new mast and connection is definately better, i can say that with authority because the old system was garbage.  If you break from a prior backwards compatible design there should be a significant improvement, i think they have achieved that here.  Not sure why they have the aluminum mast range though.  The low cost carbon is so close to the AL and so far from the high cost carbon there's alot of overlap on the bottom.

I flew the HA 1400 and 1240 wings on a few different custom setups (thats how bad the mast was).  They were...ok...  As far as designs they felt not amazing but in the ballpark of what i wanted from a high aspect.  If you never rode another high aspect it for sure felt amazing but they were nothing special - even 3 years ago when fresh - now they're way behind the curve.

I think the MA wings are, again, ballpark wings - naish put a wing in the ballpark of what the industry is asking for.  Does it do the mid aspect thing?  Yes.  But not better than anyone else's mid aspect. 

I feel like the new stuff has moved construction to ok (wing fuse connection still isn't great, stab connection isn't industry standard 30mm bottom mount) and design to probably a step down from OK (if your not moving forward your moving backward).

They're not good, much less great, at anything so why would we talk about them?

Its a great setup for price concious people new to the sport.  Any rider who knows their business is willing to spend an extra $500 to get something that has Good design or Good construciton - maybe both.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal