Author Topic: Waikiki Wingfoiling  (Read 2652 times)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Waikiki Wingfoiling
« on: November 21, 2021, 07:28:40 AM »
Ok, really South shore.

I see the Blue Planet crew getting out over on the east side of the South shore but wanted to ask about staying in Waikiki and winging. It’s just such an easy trip to hop over, not have to rent a car, just post up at a hotel, grab your gear and walk out to the beach.

Obviously I’m not winging Canoes lol but is there enough wind to get in and have some fun outside Waikiki or do I need to set up shop in Kailua or another spot for winging? I plan on bringing a prone board and occasionally renting a wrongboard for goofing off with the other tourists and there will no doubt be a few meetups with locals, (Bigmtn you know I’ll make you show me some spots.) but is it worth spending a week in Waikiki or will winging take me elsewhere for my Oahu trips now?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Waikiki Wingfoiling
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 05:19:53 PM »
The obvious answer is call Robert at Blue Planet. The other obvious answer is that if you're going to Hawaii to wing--Maui. On any day you can look at the wind patterns and figure that out. Going to Oahu for wind sports is like going to San Diego to wing. See all the green around Oahu. See the yellow and red around Maui. Boom!

http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/MET/Faculty/wrf/arw/arw_maui_loop_10mw.html
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Waikiki Wingfoiling
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 02:48:28 AM »
Damnit Bill, you know I'm lazy. lol

Besides, on Oahu I only have a couple of guys to drag me into hairy situations. On Maui there's a whole island full. 😅

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal