Author Topic: Starboard Limited Series construction  (Read 2819 times)

SurfKiteSUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Starboard Limited Series construction
« on: November 21, 2021, 08:21:56 AM »
Does anyone know if the new Limited Series construction is supposed to be a step-up, -down, or equivalent to the Starlite construction?

The 2022 Pro only comes in the Blue Carbon and Limited Series but other models still come in Starlite too.

Not that I could afford the Carbon construction one anyway but just curious.

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Re: Starboard Limited Series construction
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 09:47:49 AM »
Starboard’s new ‘limited’ construction is a lower price point construction. Below Starlite. I would assume some thought went into it by Starboard, so if the weight is acceptable (and I have no idea whether it’s light or heavy relative to the other constructions) it would be worthwhile to try.  I do kind of like the white colorway.
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

SurfKiteSUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 12:57:55 PM »
Interesting... at least for the Wedge the Limited is a little lighter than the Starlite. 

My Wedge in Starlite has been solid.  Cross-checked  the rail and snapped my paddle on a small close out and not even a ding on the board.  Hopefully, the Limited construction is 95% as durable at a lower price point.

I'm all for cheaper and lighter and just as strong! 

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 11:26:40 AM »
When I first noticed the Limited construction I thought they may be replacing their current budget construction, Lite Tech, but Lite Tech is still offered, and Limited is actually a little more robust, with dual stringers and a rail band wrap, so that's cool. And in shorter size models like the Pro, the weight should not be an issue at all.  If you get one or look at one in person, please share your impression of the quality.   
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal