Author Topic: F-one 8m Strike CWC - Finally a big wing I'm stoked on!  (Read 2712 times)

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: F-one 8m Strike CWC - Finally a big wing I'm stoked on!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2021, 04:32:00 AM »
Like to hear how the handles are hopefully improved as had a V1 swing 6m and the handles if you call them that were definitely the weakest flimsiest handles I've ever used winging didnt like them at all and rear handle placement was to far forward for my 225lbs.Must say the 8m looks looks interesting but question is hows the handles on the big rig any picts reports
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

m_the_foiler

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2021, 10:20:00 AM »
Clay,
What is the lowest speed you've tested this wing in? I'm also considering one to keep foiling in our off-season winds. I'm in San Mateo, so similar off-season conditions as yours I imagine.
Naish Wing Surfer 85L
Armstrong 85/60/HS1250/HS1550/HA1125/232Stab

AGK

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2021, 10:55:55 AM »
Another big fan of the 7m CWC after three low wind sessions.  Big takeaways 1. I was foiling in conditions where I would not have even tried with either of my two previous 6m wings. 2. It is really light in the hands and easy and even pleasant to use, even in slogging conditions

[reasonably experienced  80 kg foiler in second year of wingdinging, using a 98l board and Axis 1060/420]

Iíve had both a 2020 f1 Swing 6m and BRM 6m, and found both to be heavy, no fun, and not really much better than a 5m in low winds.  This wing is entirely different.  It can be pumped up on foil in much less wind and pretty intuitively, and once up it generated enough power to stay up in really light winds.  If I had to guess, I can get up in 10mph and stay foiing down to 6 or so Ė but those are really just guesses; I donít really know the speeds.  I do know that it will get up and stay up at much lower windspeeds than a 2020 BRM 6m or a 2021 BRM 5.5m (and the 5.5 is a great wing with a pretty good low end IMO). 

What people have said about the tips bouncing off the water is true Ė you donít pay the usual penalty for letting a wingtip touch when holding the big wing vertically to go upwind.  It also is the best wing Iíve used with a harness Ė stays locked and stable when you are hooked in, even in light winds.  It does pull on you quite a bit, but the harness makes that not much of an issue for me.

For those of you who, like me, end up going out in too little wind, or when the wind is going to die, the slogging performance of the CWC7 was a really nice surprise.  It supports its own weight and provides enough drive to hold ground in winds way too light to get up on a foil, either kneeling or standing on a +15 board.

I am really impressed with this wing and really happy I decided to spend all that money on it Ė F1 deserve praise for really thinking through how to make a wing work in low winds.

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2021, 06:03:10 PM »
About 10 sessions now, really loving this 8m wing.  Only downside is I'm going out when wind is single digits and spending considerable time schlogging.

If averaging 10mph I get up consistently, if single digits waiting for a gust, I can stay up on foil in single digits it's just much harder to get up and to jibe.  Once on foil it's amazing how little wind I can foil with.

I didn't ever consider the 7m, not enough for my weight and off season winds.
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

* Recent Posts

post Re: Getting ejected out the front door...
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
Solent Foiler
Today at 11:43:55 AM
post Re: Drysuit anyone?
puget sound
Today at 10:26:35 AM
post Re: Harness alternative
PonoBill
Today at 09:34:35 AM
post Re: ART999 vs GoFoil NL190 - SUP Foil Only