Author Topic: Mahalo Pono  (Read 2047 times)

808sup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Mahalo Pono
« on: October 22, 2021, 11:26:40 PM »
About a month ago we finally got the opportunity to get away from the islands to visit family. We had plans to go in July/August but couldn’t  get time off as summer is the busy time for my line of work. I have wanted to go to hood river for some foiling but realized that wasn’t going to happen. We still went but I didn’t bring gear as the forecast didn’t look good for the time of our visit. We enjoyed our short time there visiting the breweries, hiking, and sampling food from every place we could. One day we took the grandkids to a little park in town. It was a well designed and looked like something I would have enjoyed if I were a kid. While there I was reading the list of those who made donations to make this park. I saw this sign and it caught my eye. Mahalo Bill! My grandson loved it.Your generosity made a difference 🤙

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Mahalo Pono
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 07:31:08 AM »
Gee, I've never noticed that, and I don't remember donating but probably did. This is one hell of a good community and well worth supporting. Maui Meyer makes sure we're doing our part, he's the best civic arm twister I've ever met.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 07:34:11 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mahalo Pono
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 10:51:48 AM »
Very cool...good on ya Bill and Diane for making a beautiful place even lovelier.
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal