Author Topic: Foiling Sailboats!  (Read 20511 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Foiling Sailboats!
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2021, 10:19:28 AM »
If we don't strangle ourselves doing this it won't be for lack of opportunity.

But yes, that is so very cool.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2021, 02:27:44 AM »
If we don't strangle ourselves doing this it won't be for lack of opportunity.

But yes, that is so very cool.

We will need to add to the universal set of hand signals.  One for, "I'm stuck in the foot strap" seems mandatory.

This is a cool little running upgrade.  The tiller (left) has an aluminum adjustment knob at the end which adjusts the rear foil angle on the fly.  That can now be adjusted by twisting the extension (Battlestick on the right).  It is indexed with 5 really notable clicks.  It will be cool to see how that interacts with the wand controlling the front foil angle. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 02:36:58 AM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2022, 10:42:49 AM »
Getting a little closer.  I needed to mod the dolly to get it up on my trailer.  My goal was to roll the fully assembled boat and dolly onto the trailer by myself and then be able to roll and stow the trailer, boat and dolly into the garage.  So far so good.  I have some more work to do securing the boat the dolly and then the to the trailer but that should all be OK.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 10:46:13 AM by Admin »

bigmtn

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2022, 12:07:20 PM »
Have you been sailing yet?

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2022, 12:39:15 PM »
When do we build one that will let us adapt a surf/wing foil to be the main lift?

I wanna run my Axis gear under a boat. Seems like something that could be built.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2022, 01:38:25 PM »
Sheesh. Amateur hour, the trailer looks a bit sketchy. Fine for lawnmowers. You actually know a guy who could make this work a little easier. If nothing else it certainly needs a cheap winch, and either over-the-tire wheel tie-downs or automatic locking chocks. I'd also do guide rails to align the dolly wheels. Remind me why you want the dolly instead of a typical float-off boat trailer.
So it will fit into your garage? You could do a removable or fold up towing arms and accomplish the same thing--maybe.  Yeah, I know, for me to work on it you'd have to look into my shop, but hey, Schlosser's makes me look like an amateur mess-maker. They do fine work though.

Oh, and the naked virgin floor in your garage is very disturbing (as well as those spooky bare walls). Would you mind spilling a little oil on the floor, covering it with oil dry, and then never sweeping it up? A few Rigid tool company calendars on the wall would be soothing as well. You know, the ones that have incredibly curvy women in improbably tiny coveralls holding a giant pipe wrench with two adorable grease smears on one cheek and the top of one boob. 

If you're storing the boat there how do you charge your Tesla?

Oh, and holy fukowitz, that thing looks like bulk fun.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 02:08:40 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Solent Foiler

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2022, 01:40:15 AM »
Can you not get a road base trailer that integrates with the dolly (which is much more minimalistic and lighter) or are you just using what you have?
I'm 5'10", 66kg riding:
Swift Foil Boards custom 4'10 x 19.5" 35L
Gong Lethal 4'6 65L
Axis ART 799, 899, 1099, HPS 880 US & CS Adv fuse, 85cm mast
Gong Fluid L-S, XXL-S on 85cm and 65cm mast
Takuma RS 5.1, 4.3, 3.5

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2022, 06:04:39 AM »
Hah!  Fair points all around.  I would likely be better off with a blokart.  :). No sailing days yet.  No excuses either.  Just slow getting started this spring. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2022, 06:51:39 AM »
Welcome to the slow start club. I've been using my ColdVid as an excuse, but it's kind of cleared up today. That river looks fucking cold, and the current is nuts. My gear is in the truck, including the wetsuit I dread climbing into. I'll get out of the shop and into the water real soon now.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2022, 05:21:10 AM »
Hi Guys,

Change of plans.  I am going to be selling this Skeeta sailboat (posts in this thread).  It is still unused.  If you or anyone you know have interest, please let me know.  The boat is in hood river, is complete as ordered with an 8.5 rig and is all ready to sail.  It has never seen any water time, so it is truly as new.  The USA distributor is still waiting for more boats to arrive.  Each container has sold out.  I am asking $11,000.  I paid $12,685 plus shipping in the Fall. 

Thanks for looking!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2022, 08:12:56 PM »
Hmmm. Okay, I'll take it. Better yet we could go half-ses. But yeah, I'll take it.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2022, 08:05:25 AM »
Sweet!  Let me know if you would like it delivered.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal