Author Topic: September Blues  (Read 3869 times)

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
September Blues
« on: September 20, 2021, 06:19:30 PM »
Been a while since I did any video. Summer's been slow with only two real typhoons, when we should have 20+ named storms. Took the camera out and did a little with the normal bump we get out of the Pacific. My main spot near the house. Got into kind of a funk for a while, but surfing four days this week and probably today too, might be coming to a close  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyom6OscuWQ

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Re: September Blues
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 06:32:57 PM »
Nice Oki-Stoke! There were a few shades of blue in there that were new to me! That jam was full Tokyo-techno! Sweet!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 08:37:02 PM »
It is always nice to see another one of your sup surfing videos. Good to see you got to take advantage of the bump wave wise.

BTW, I liked your "hat".

Thanks for sharing your video.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 08:53:38 PM »
Nice Oki-Stoke! There were a few shades of blue in there that were new to me! That jam was full Tokyo-techno! Sweet!

Thanks Cookie! I think music makes the videos more interesting, and I really like Ayla Nero's stuff, but what I don't like is they they claim copyright and monitize the video... I just don't want ads on my videos, but I guess "staving artists" need to make money too LOL  I see you've been getting some really good surf.

It is always nice to see another one of your sup surfing videos. Good to see you got to take advantage of the bump wave wise.

BTW, I liked your "hat".

Thanks for sharing your video.

Thanks NW! This is the same hat, and it's lasted for several years now. You've mentioned that you liked it before, and asked where I got it. Unfortunately, it's a Japanese brand called Kiss Mark (which is a hickey in US parlance), so hard to find outside Japan. I haven't seen it in a while, but if I can find one, I'm going to send you one :-)

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 11:36:07 PM »
Those some beautiful blue hues. Nice surfing too.

supthecreek

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 04:50:42 AM »
Another excellent video Okiman, thank you!
The water is so clear and beautiful.... must be awesome to paddle over  :)

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 05:47:15 AM »

BTW, I liked your "hat".

Thanks NW! This is the same hat, and it's lasted for several years now. You've mentioned that you liked it before, and asked where I got it. Unfortunately, it's a Japanese brand called Kiss Mark (which is a hickey in US parlance), so hard to find outside Japan. I haven't seen it in a while, but if I can find one, I'm going to send you one :-)

If you can find that hat again, just send me a private message with your home address and I'll you money for the hat. I like your hat since it has the strap under the chin, covers the ears and most importantly for me, a longish bill to keep the sun off of my nose.

The Texas sun where I live is very hot and high UV light for long periods of time on exposed skin, no matter how much sunblock is applied, just increases the odds of skin cancer. From some of the old surfers I've met at Surfside, Texas; I can tell when I'm talking to them up close, a dermatologist has taken off some skin cancer from the tips of their noses.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 04:45:30 PM »

If you can find that hat again, just send me a private message with your home address and I'll you money for the hat. I like your hat since it has the strap under the chin, covers the ears and most importantly for me, a longish bill to keep the sun off of my nose.

The Texas sun where I live is very hot and high UV light for long periods of time on exposed skin, no matter how much sunblock is applied, just increases the odds of skin cancer. From some of the old surfers I've met at Surfside, Texas; I can tell when I'm talking to them up close, a dermatologist has taken off some skin cancer from the tips of their noses.

For sure!

I'm one of those surfers who's had a chunk cut out of the tip of my nose. Also behind the ear twice, and from between the right pinky and ring finger... That's why you see me covered up. I started using TropicSport SPF50 on my face, hands, and top of feet. It kind of stays white so some people don't like it, but I can be out for four hours now and my face doesn't get nuked.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 08:34:52 PM »
Nice video dude. That water is amazing... I like the switching POVs. It worked out really good. Are you using an arm mount instead of a the chesty? I've been using my Hero5 and Hero8 (sucks the batteries) together but haven't had the time to do any editing.
As far as sun screen goes, I use Lubriderm lotion with the SPF 15 every morning before I go anywhere. Head to toes.  It dries fast and doesn't smell or feel greasy. It's fine for short surf sessions, riding my bike or just walking. Always have it on. Always.
If I'm going to be out in the sun and in the water for more than a few hours, I'll put some SPF 50 on too. I haven't had a sunburn as far back as I can remember.   
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 04:11:35 AM »
Nice video dude. That water is amazing... I like the switching POVs. It worked out really good. Are you using an arm mount instead of a the chesty? I've been using my Hero5 and Hero8 (sucks the batteries) together but haven't had the time to do any editing.
As far as sun screen goes, I use Lubriderm lotion with the SPF 15 every morning before I go anywhere. Head to toes.  It dries fast and doesn't smell or feel greasy. It's fine for short surf sessions, riding my bike or just walking. Always have it on. Always.
If I'm going to be out in the sun and in the water for more than a few hours, I'll put some SPF 50 on too. I haven't had a sunburn as far back as I can remember.   

Thanks TD. I use the bite mount. The arm thing is a MyGo leash for the camera when it's on the bite mount. I have two 7's, and want to experiment running them at the same time, but what a hassle! Could use the remote control, but I've flooded one of those, too.

justsomeguy

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 05:21:50 AM »
Woo Hoo! 
As usual, blown away by the water clarity!
In a couple of those shots that looks like pretty skinny water!
Thanks for sharing!
Fanatic Allwave LTD 9'4"x33"x173L
NSP Carolina 14'x25.75"x299L
+ a few prone surfboards nobody here cares about :)

OkiWild

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 04:59:20 AM »
Woo Hoo! 
As usual, blown away by the water clarity!
In a couple of those shots that looks like pretty skinny water!
Thanks for sharing!

Oh yea. Just fall flat  ;D  Thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal