Author Topic: Foot position on a 2020 Allstar  (Read 4133 times)

Rusty_ss

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Foot position on a 2020 Allstar
« on: October 06, 2021, 01:25:04 AM »
I recently picked up a 2020 Allstar 14 x 24.5.  So far I am loving this board.  I love the secondary stability and feel much more comfortable with the width than I expected to after coming from a 12"6' x 26". 

My issue is that I am finding it hard to work out the best foot location.  The most natural feeling position is level with the handles but I am wondering if this is sinking the nose of the board too much?  It kind of feels like it bogs down a bit when I paddle hard and does not rise up onto the plane as easily as I would expect.   When I go back a small amount, level with the drain hole, the board feels a bit less stable but it does seem to get on the plane easier.  The difference between these foot positions is tiny, like 2 inches, and it almost feels like a really sensitive balance point on a see-saw.  I weigh about 88kg so I guess my question is do any other heavier paddlers on Allstars find this and do you prefer to place your feet further forward or further back?

I guess with time I'll work out what works for me but am keen on others thoughts too.

Cheers

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Foot position on a 2020 Allstar
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 04:13:32 AM »
Have you done GPS test to corroborate your feeling? That’s the only way I go about finding the best trim for a new board, back to back.
in progress...

Rusty_ss

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Foot position on a 2020 Allstar
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 05:03:13 AM »
Thanks for the response Burchas.  Good advice.  I have not had a chance yet as it has been pretty windy since I got the board.  maybe this weekend.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal