Author Topic: Downwinder Pintail Board Specs  (Read 717 times)

SUPeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Downwinder Pintail Board Specs
« on: September 14, 2021, 08:51:25 AM »
Hello everyone,
Anybody make their own downwinder, pintail?  You know Da Kine. Those beautiful boards that Kalama is making and everyone is using in the gorge and in Hawaii.  I'm considering making one for downwinding and for just straight up SUP foiling.  Thinking of going long and narrow, 6'3" x 25".  Very thick!  Just wondered as to how stable they are and how narrow I could go. Just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone had ever used a board like this.  I'm growing tired of pulling 20-30 lbs of water behind me every time I SUP foil my 6' Fugly  (beveled tail), or my 5' 6" wing board.  I feel that more speed is going to make catching unbroken waves a hell of a lot easier.  Who knows, maybe I'll even have a bit of success with a flatwater start?  Keep dreaming!

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Downwinder Pintail Board Specs
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 08:05:13 PM »
A couple buddies have them. Iíll report in when I get eyes on one.

Dontsink

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Downwinder Pintail Board Specs
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 11:39:02 PM »
https://youtu.be/ZOL8C0cnVMY

Here you can see KDmaui's downwind sup,which he uses for light wind wingfoil too.
Pretty extreme pintail,at some point in the vid he comments that he went too far on the pintail and that next one would have some more surface...cannot remember the exact words but something like that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal