Author Topic: Change Email Address in Account Settings  (Read 1837 times)

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Change Email Address in Account Settings
« on: September 03, 2021, 03:48:57 AM »
I need to change my contact email address for the Standup Zone. I'll explain below.

For about 15 years, I have used a Hotmail email address to register for sites and I used it for the Standup Zone when I registered to be a member on this site. But ever since Microsoft bought Hotmail, I started having problems with Hotmail. So I want to drop my Hotmail email account since I'm tired of dealing with Microsoft's screw ups with my Hotmail account.

Basically, I want to drop my Hotmail email account from everything which is tied to it. Since Comcast is my ISP, which I've had since 1993, this gives me a Comcast email account which I rarely use, but I do use it at least four times a month.

I want to point out I do not need a new password. I want to keep using my present password for the Standup Zone. With that said, in my account settings for the Zone, can I change the Hotmail email address to the new Comcast email address by using my present password without creating a hassle for myself?

In other words, can I do the above without having anything sent to my Hotmail email for verification because sometimes I have trouble getting into my Hotmail email account, like now, because of the present screw up from Microsoft concerning my Hotmail account or do I have to send a private message to Admin to help me out in this matter?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 03:54:51 AM by Night Wing »
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Change Email Address in Account Settings
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 07:57:35 AM »
With that said, in my account settings for the Zone, can I change the Hotmail email address to the new Comcast email address by using my present password without creating a hassle for myself?

In other words, can I do the above without having anything sent to my Hotmail email for verification because sometimes I have trouble getting into my Hotmail email account, like now, because of the present screw up from Microsoft concerning my Hotmail account or do I have to send a private message to Admin to help me out in this matter?
At the top of the page, if you go to "Profile"--->"Account Settings"--->"Modify Profile", you should find your current email address in the box. I believe you should be able to enter your new email address, hit the "Change profile" button bottom right of the screen, and presto/changeo.

If that doesn't work...well I ain't much more computer savvy than that, and I defer to a better future reply. :-[ :D
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Change Email Address in Account Settings
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 07:15:13 PM »

At the top of the page, if you go to "Profile"--->"Account Settings"--->"Modify Profile", you should find your current email address in the box. I believe you should be able to enter your new email address, hit the "Change profile" button bottom right of the screen, and presto/changeo.

You were correct above and now the Standup site has my new email address.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal