Author Topic: Hurricane Henri In New Jersey- August 2021  (Read 3021 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Hurricane Henri In New Jersey- August 2021
« on: August 27, 2021, 12:15:45 PM »
Coupla good days of surf off this system. Missed shooting the first day of the swell because it was raining! Shoulda, woulda, coulda grabbed the GoPro!

https://youtu.be/D4pvHK1TpL4
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane Henri In New Jersey- August 2021
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 03:25:26 PM »
Cookie

Nice video. Those were some nice big waves. BTW, loved your 4 fin quad setup on your sups.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 09:58:02 PM »
Just chill'in here having a beer, watching you catch a ton of good waves, and getting a free acoustic concert by the famous Mark 'Cookie' Halikas:)  Our hurricane is gone too. Down to ankle slappers.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 10:48:00 PM »
Some very nice picking as background for the summer sliders. Enjoyable edit with all the extras.

The hurricanes seem to be providing nicely over there. Here the tracks of the lsat storms have given us a lull on this side

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2021, 03:51:20 AM »
Nice video SC!  Much cleaner conditions in northern nj on 8/21, I caught several nice waves during the morning high tide.  8/22 I dusted off the prone surfboard and glad I did the afternoon low tide and shore pound required duck diving. 
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

supthecreek

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 07:11:33 AM »
Cook’n on waves, guitar and food… living up to your name there Cookieman!
You got some good swell out of that but your yard paid the price… how did it make out after being held down for so long?

We got squat, but Hurricane day was more of a beach day here, and I’ll take that  :)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 11:32:15 AM »
Thanx for all the replies and positivity! Nice to hear from the regulars in these parts. Seems interest in sup surfing has waned these past few years, most likely due to the soaring popularity of foiling. I'm not the least bit surprised either. I tried to get onboard (no pun intended!) with foiling but failed because of my bum, shoulder. Most likely I'd be posting more foiling content if I had succeeded.

Those were some nice big waves.
Looks like you're in for some decent surf with Hurricane Ida bearing down in the Gulf. Hopefully it won't do too much damage but it doesn't look promising in that department.

Our hurricane is gone too. Down to ankle slappers.
May the swells and winds pick up in your favor, TD!

Some very nice picking as background for the summer sliders. Enjoyable edit with all the extras. The hurricanes seem to be providing nicely over there. Here the tracks of the last storms have given us a lull on this side

Thanx on the gtr picking and edit compliments. We definitely lucked out this summer with a few decent tropical systems tracking into our window and pumping quality swells. As far as the extras in my vid(s), I think I might be getting burned out on doing my edits at this point but I tell myself gotta keep going. I see Jamie O'Brian (the Hawaiian pro) is calling it quits on his bi-weekly vlogs due to editing burnout. And he's like half my age!

Nice video SC!  Much cleaner conditions in northern nj on 8/21, I caught several nice waves during the morning high tide.  8/22 I dusted off the prone surfboard and glad I did the afternoon low tide and shore pound required duck diving.
Nice you got it clean on 8/21. Not surprised considering the north winds we had that day. Cool you proned a few too the next day. Duck diving is a joy I haven't experienced in a LOOONG time!

Cook’n on waves, guitar and food… living up to your name there Cookieman! You got some good swell out of that but your yard paid the price… how did it make out after being held down for so long? We got squat, but Hurricane day was more of a beach day here, and I’ll take that  :)
Thanx, Creek. Seems music, surfing, and cooking has fueled my life for as long as I can remember. No complaints here. My yard now? It's doing well, mostly because it was all rain water that flooded our little barrier island. Just got back from cutting the grass back there. First time since the "Great Flood"!  :P Sorry you didn't get swell off Hurricane Henri, but at least you got a beach day in.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal