Author Topic: F One 6m CWC - who knew!?  (Read 4271 times)

Sam the Surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
F One 6m CWC - who knew!?
« on: August 22, 2021, 07:39:24 PM »
Wow, a break through day in the inland northwest!! My current set up is an Axis 1150/460 75 mast and short fuselage on a Gong HIPE 5’3”. I’m roughly 185 lbs. current wings are 6 m Ozone and 9 m Gong. We have lower winds up here so need the horsepower.
Bought the 6 m F one Cwc and rode it today. Hit multiple jibes and worked on switching my feet weak side to strong side. Winds ranged from 15-30 plus with gusts. I rode with a harness for save my shoulders. With this wing I barely used the harness and my shoulders are fine. It is weird how much low end it has and yet does not rip you out of your shorts in gusts. It seems like this wing has a super wide range. So awesome!!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: F One 6m CWC - who knew!?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 07:51:35 AM »
I use mine a lot--in the gorge! Mostly for the range on days when there are lots of stripes on the water--bands of gusts and lulls. I can do tight jibes with it, which consist mostly of hanging off the wing while my feet do their thing. My favorite wing by a long shot.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Sam the Surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 06:52:52 PM »
Pono- it might well replace the 6 m ozone & 9 m Gong. Ya, I just said that!!

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 05:28:27 AM »
I've been doing a ton of research to decide what will be my next wing and the 6m CWC is at the top of the list.  I may also get the 4.2m Strike.
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 07:01:26 AM »
The 6 CWC feels like it has more low end than last year's 6 meter swing and more high end than last year's 5 meter swing. With the older swings I would need to go to a bigger foil to get the same low end that I get now by just using the 6 strike. I highly recommend big guys and people in light wind areas to get one. Plus the narrower wing span works well for tricks. My only gripe about it is the handles, I think a set of ensis style ones would really improve the performance of the wing.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 12:07:14 PM »
The fake boom is an even bigger deal with the 6M. I made a longer one to accommodate it, but I designed it so it works down to the 2.8. All the extra length hangs out the back. I keep looking at it when I'm riding one of the little wings thinking "ideal place for a GoPro", but no, I'm not going down that rathole again.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Phils

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 04:28:22 AM »
The 6 CWC feels like it has more low end than last year's 6 meter swing and more high end than last year's 5 meter swing. With the older swings I would need to go to a bigger foil to get the same low end that I get now by just using the 6 strike. I highly recommend big guys and people in light wind areas to get one. Plus the narrower wing span works well for tricks. My only gripe about it is the handles, I think a set of ensis style ones would really improve the performance of the wing.

Nick, what is your opinion on the 6 CWC vs a 6 Ensis as far as low end?

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 05:38:35 AM »
I just got my new scores so I'll get a review soon. I'm getting wind this week.

paddlur

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 06:36:00 AM »
I just got my new scores so I'll get a review soon. I'm getting wind this week.
I’d be interested in this as well especially the 6m score as hoping the new 6m wingtips/span are pulled in a bit as that was my only complaint of all my Ensis V2 great wings,oh and the handle blowing out of seam up front too hope this was addressed as well on the scores but interested how the Lowend stacks up with new Fone CWC
Naish kites-ASD surfboards fortaleza brasil,Kalama supfoil.AXIS foils

Phils

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2021, 04:51:35 AM »
Any opinions on CWC vs Ensis V2 6 meter low end?

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 06:14:40 AM »
Had a few days on the 3.5,6.2, & 4 meter score. For light wind I'm going to say the 6 CWC is still my main wing for those winds. The 6.2 score is great but it's still needed more wind than the 6 CWC. Once there's some wind like over 10 knots then I'm all for the scores. So my quiver this season so far will be 6 CWC and then the rest ensis scores. I liked the scores way more than the strikes and swings in the smaller sizes.
If you're a big guy or beginner in light winds, you can't go wrong with the 6 CWC.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 10:08:54 AM »
I like the looks of the Ensis wings. I think it's going to be tough to beat the F-one with any design that doesn't do something very similar to the CWC. The original Duotones had battens to do the same fundamental thing, and that could be an as good or better solution. The Duotones just needed better battens. I made my own that were a lot stiffer and they worked well. Of course, long battens mean the wing is less compact when packed, but most duotones get packed in long bags to spare the windows, and they generally have a boom to contend with anyway.

I suspect F-one will move the cwc concept down through the size range. A 4M wing that handles like a 3? Who doesn't want that? At the same time we're going towards higher aspect foil wings we'll probably go lower aspect for wingdings. I think the biggest advantage is the torque. I suck at all varieties of pumping--foil or wing. I can use the torque of the 6M CWC to yank myself into the air with just a little gust, and then use the continued power to pump my way along for a distance that surprises me. In the early hours of a session, I can pump across the Columbia. After two hours it's more like 100 feet.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 10:12:07 AM by PonoBill »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal