Author Topic: High Jumps Technique - front arm position  (Read 1101 times)

winged surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
High Jumps Technique - front arm position
« on: August 14, 2021, 12:51:26 AM »
In order to jump higher you have to:

- go fast
- just before taking off go slightly in the wind (more upwind)
- get the tension between the legs on the board and the wing that is pulling you
- using a wave it's easier and personally i go higher than in flat water ( flat water jumps require more technique)

my question is:
just before jumping what's the best position of your front arm?
i usually bend it a little and keep it bent towards me during the jump but actually i tried once just leaving it completely extended and it seems to catch more wind.

Do you have any tips?

Thanks!

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: High Jumps Technique - front arm position
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 07:13:14 AM »
In my opinion it depends what you want to do in the jump. Just boost high then let the arms out to catch more wind. Want to get high for a rotation then point the center of the wing up making the strut vertical and keep the wing close. Speed isn't needed so much for the height of the rotation stuff, just solid power in the foil. Meaning it's easier to get height with a Foil that is moving without having to pump it. You can also go vertical with the wing for the jump and then pull it down hard to your side to give yourself extra launch. Also a stiffer wing helps. Going over sized tends to make the wing flex and you lose the power. These are just things I've found that help me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal