Author Topic: Wing Harness (NSI)  (Read 14769 times)

Surfside

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wing Harness (NSI)
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2021, 09:16:32 AM »
PB, those Duotone double adjustable harness lines are hard to find so, I opened my box of old  stuff and have been using these 25 year old Windsurf Hawaii harness line attachments. They wrap the handles nicely.

It would be nice if they were available.

Dontsink

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2021, 02:16:43 PM »
I have ordered some quick fix windsurf harness lines.
Quick fix means they can attach to a windsurf  boom without having to remove the boom end,which is a must if you want to use them on a wing with handles.

Sam the Surfer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2021, 02:42:45 PM »
Used the harness with the modified metal buckles with a Gong 9 m wing today and it worked great!! Was able to shed wind when I needed to which is key for inland winging. The Axis 1150/460 works incredibly well for winging!! I’ve been wake foiling and dock starting with it and forgot how awesome this is to wing!!

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »
I have a question about using the reel leash for the board leash.  Are any of you afraid of the board being farther away and getting tangled in the extra length?  I understand it can happen with any leash.  But there is less chance with a shorter leash.  I just ordered my NSI setup so thinking about how I will set it up and there are some good options in this thread.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2021, 05:26:18 PM »
I have a question about using the reel leash for the board leash.  Are any of you afraid of the board being farther away and getting tangled in the extra length?  I understand it can happen with any leash.  But there is less chance with a shorter leash.  I just ordered my NSI setup so thinking about how I will set it up and there are some good options in this thread.

I've only used mine in the Columbia, not the ocean, but the gorge is fairly dynamic. I think these things were designed for much lighter kite boards, so I wouldn't be surprised to have a problem, but so far, it's been great. I'm working hard at not using the wing to help balance, which means controlling the foil as if I were foil surfing and flagging or luffing the wing as much as possible. Basically downwinding using the swells for power with the wing available when needed. That means I'm having some very unusual falls with lots of drama. I think I'd be much worse off with a standard straight leash doing this. The retractor and short extension has worked extremely well.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

VB_Foil

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • @foilgraham Insta
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2021, 05:34:53 PM »

I’ve used my reel leash in the waves a few times. The added length isn’t an issue as it is always taught. You wipe out and it will begin reeling in as soon as possible. No tangles yet. It doesn’t feel great to get a tug in the gut in surf over shoulder high!
I’m a 5’9” 65kg rider:

Boards:
   4' 27L Armstrong FG Wing/Surf
   4’5” 34L Armstrong FG Wing/Surf
   4'11" 60L Armstrong Wing/Sup

Foils: Armstrong HA525, HS625, HA725, HA925, HS1050, HA1125, HS1250, HA1325
Wings: BRM 2M & 3M, FreeWing Nitro 4M, OR 5M & 7M Glide

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2021, 07:04:10 PM »

Thanks Bill and VB

It doesn’t feel great to get a tug in the gut in surf over shoulder high!

Never had that happen.  Been using the waist leash for sup surfing in waves up to double overhead with no issues ever since Beasho mentioned it.  ezpz.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2021, 09:33:30 AM »

Thanks Bill and VB

It doesn’t feel great to get a tug in the gut in surf over shoulder high!

Never had that happen.  Been using the waist leash for sup surfing in waves up to double overhead with no issues ever since Beasho mentioned it.  ezpz.

Wow, I sure have. I thought I was going to have bail either the wing or board when I was caught in the Portagee Triangle at Kanaha in shoulder-high surf. That was wrist and ankle leashes, so I switched to a waist leash for both. Then got dragged around semi-helplessly at Upper Kanaha for ten minutes in some shoulder-high short-period stuff. No fun at all. I think long-period stuff probably gives you a chance to get your shit together. The super-short period stuff in the Columbia is less of a bitch with the reel. The reel brings the board close and then a big swell hits it and pulls it away. The time delay of the soft extension and retrieval is enough to get tangles and other problems sorted. I've found that super helpful.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
Today at 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard