Author Topic: Just go paddle some distance! I'm waking up those muscle groups.  (Read 1975 times)

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
A couple of weeks ago, I just needed to get out of the office and get some exercise. When COVID hit they had closed most of the beaches and the harbor. Nowhere to launch my unlimiteds. I could still surf, but I had to launch a mile from the break and paddle to it. So I started walking and riding my mountain bike in the hills behind our house. Now that everything is open and walking is kinda boring, I dusted off one of my unlimiteds and headed out. Felt great to just glide out in the ocean. Man was I sore. Oh those muscles... The ones I haven't used even SUP surfing. It's getting better seeing I've been going about every other day now.
Even paddled (social paddle / talk speed) a little with Rob Rojas. He's like "wear you been?" He was paddling a molded 14' Nelo 'speed board' that someone had loaned him. I'm thinking about strapping my hydration pack on and doing an early 10 miler later this week. It really is a great feeling just getting out into open water and forgetting the rat race.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

oceanAddict

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just go paddle some distance! I'm waking up those muscle groups.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 05:04:17 PM »
This morning paddle put a smile on my face too. Almost sunrise,  almost no wind. I haven't used my Blackfish in a while, and today it felt soo smooth. Gonna try to repeat tomorrow :)
Infinity Blackfish, SIC Bullet Air Glide, Sunova Point Break #003, Sunova Soul

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Just go paddle some distance! I'm waking up those muscle groups.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 07:03:13 AM »
OK, you talked me into it. I used to upwind/downwind my SIC 17' V1 almost every morning. I'm sure it's going to hurt getting back to that. But it might take the wrinkle out of the skin on my triceps. So I'd have that going for me.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal