Author Topic: propulsion module  (Read 1626 times)

sup-punta-mita

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
propulsion module
« on: July 30, 2021, 08:08:38 PM »
My condo in Punta Mita is about 1.5 miles from two of the best surf spots. I can paddle to them but if the wind comes up in the wrong direction it can be a problem getting back. Some of the other surfers down here have small inflatable boats with 5HP gas motors that they use to get to the breaks and back. Those things look to cost about $7000 and have their own issues. I don't really need a boat if I can find some sort of a propulsion module that can get me to the breaks, leave on the shore while I surf, and then use it again to return home.

I did some searching and there are products on the market. I just have not found the one that is jumping out at me. Seems like most of them  mount to the fin box (that means changing fins at the breaks). I saw one (scubajet) that can be hand held but I would have to be laying down to hold it under the board.

So I am asking, is anyone else using propulsion in a temporary manner just to get to the surf break.? What products are you using?

Thanks
SUPS Stoke 9'6" wide
Surftech Caddie 10'2"
Infinity Carver 9'6"

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: propulsion module
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 07:45:27 AM »
Buy a couple of efoils and when you’re not using them get a local to give lessons. Make money and tow your board to the break when you’re not.

If you’re worried about flying the foil reverse your wing.

Also used dinghies ought to be cheaper for a little RIB and 5 hp Tokatsu or whatever. We see them for under $2k here in SoCal all the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal