Author Topic: Cheap Inflatable SUP recommendations  (Read 2854 times)

SUPlakes

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Cheap Inflatable SUP recommendations
« on: July 29, 2021, 05:26:41 PM »
I've been on some nice Red inflatables before but never wanted to spend ~$1200 on one.  I tried my friend's Feah-r-lite today on the lake today and was surprised that it felt better than expected.  I may want to get something more than ~$200 tho.

I'm 180 lbs (have good balance) and just plan to use an inflatable on a lake for casual short paddles a handful of times a year.  I'd also like something that easy-ish/quick to inflate.  Any recommendations?

SurfKiteSUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap Inflatable SUP recommendations
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 10:27:37 AM »
I have an Xterra SUP.  They're known for their triathlon swim gear but for some reason branched out into SUPs and (to a lesser degree) surfing wetsuits.

I think it's pretty standard for an iSUP in that price range.

They are always on "sale" but sometimes they actually do drop from their "sale" price.  I picked up a 10' for $300.

https://www.xterraboards.com/pages/bfcm

SUPlakes

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 11:01:28 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  For my size, I think I'd want the 11' which are currently $499.

After doing some more research, I'm leaning towards getting one from REI.  Possibly the Bote Breeze Aero 10'8" for $650.  A bit more than I was looking to spend but seems like a pretty good board. 

EDIT: I just called REI and the board may not be ready for my trip a week from today and the warranty is only 1 year long.  So back to the drawing board.  I was also looking at a Fanatic 10'4 x 33 Fly Air on Green Water Sports but that won't arrive in time with free shipping.  I may just pick up something cheap on Amazon and if I wind up using it more than anticipated, I'll upgrade down the road.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 11:25:08 AM by SUPlakes »

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 11:50:59 AM »
I wouldn't shy away from a good used inflatable, if your local market is good that way. And gravitate toward higher PSI and thicker boards, as both allow for more rigidity. 
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal