Author Topic: Help finding a paddle EU for Isup Race  (Read 2679 times)

ValenciaSUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Help finding a paddle EU for Isup Race
« on: July 30, 2021, 08:55:17 AM »
Hello,

I am currently planning on buying a Gong Isup for a local lake (I moved and won't be at the ocean for a few years).
e.g. gong-sup-inflatable-140-couine-marie-race-flat-water

Unfortunately  their paddles are out of stock and I haven't got enough experience for a fixed blade yet (I always adjust a few cm therefore prefer 3 pieces for now especially if I train for race/downwind).
So far I only had 3 piece Paddles with low carbon percentage (~185cm/80-90kg rider)

Since I am currently in Germany, I would hope to find something here... What I noticed is that none of the paddles up to 200€ have a real carbon blade, but instead just a coating. Seems to be the same for the 100 gong paddle as it has a pvc core?

Now I was wondering which of the ones I found would be sensible to train myself into the next year. It's either ordering that board (14x27) or waiting for the slightly bigger one with the square tail (14x28) in the hope they might get some paddles end of the month...
Budget max. 200€ incl. postage

AZTRON RACE CARBON 100

AZTRON POWER CARBON 70

decathlon Itiwit 900

Hope you can help me find a good solution for a good paddle :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 09:22:39 AM by ValenciaSUP »

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding a paddle EU for Isup Race
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 09:27:44 AM »
Hey Valencia - I notice your preference for a three piece over fixed, focusing on adjustability. Do you also need the portability of a three piece? Because a normal two piece adjustable opens up a lot more options for you.   
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

ValenciaSUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 11:35:16 AM »
No need for 3 pieces

I just thought it would be easier to travel but doesnt matter atm

But yes would be very thankful for 2 piece recommendation in that price range!  ;D

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 11:46:40 AM »
Unfortunately I don't know what's available in the euro market.  There is a Zoner in Portugal (username Supnorte) who is or was a distributor for some great SUP brands. If you message him perhaps he can help with info.     
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

tarquin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 01:38:46 PM »
The decathlon paddles are pretty flexy. They are working on a new paddle. Not sure when it will be in the shops though.
 I bought my daughter a paddle from this company and was impressed with the quality.
 The blade looks pretty big though. Looks like they delivery to Germany for 27 euros.
https://www.bamboostar.fr/product/pagaie-paddle-pro-race-vario-en-promo/
 Don't know about the Aztron sorry.

supnorte

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP Norte
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 02:01:29 AM »
Unfortunately I don't know what's available in the euro market.  There is a Zoner in Portugal (username Supnorte) who is or was a distributor for some great SUP brands. If you message him perhaps he can help with info.   

Thanls Duskpatrol. we just exchanged some messages.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal