Author Topic: F one Strike V3 opinions? Anyone tested one?  (Read 3209 times)

spindrift

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
F one Strike V3 opinions? Anyone tested one?
« on: May 13, 2023, 04:13:02 PM »
I own a 7m CWC and love it. Thinking about getting a 4 and a 5m Strike. My concern is the new frame will be stiff and unforgiving. Maybe buy last years model? I currently have a hodgepodge of Airush and Doutone older wings. I'm beginner/intermediate (on foil, no consistent jibes), 72kg, Armstrong foils, Naish Carbon Hover 110L.
Life Rewards Movement

flkiter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: F one Strike V3 opinions? Anyone tested one?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 10:41:25 PM »
I got the 5 meter strike V3 and sold it after 2 days of use. The good stuff about it. Very fast up wind and great air time. Rotations for flakka type tricks were super easy. Great drift in waves even with Windsurf Harness line on handles.
The stuff I didn't like, wing tips wanted to go under the nose of my board on every water start. The wing wasn't as balanced as past F1 wings meaning the wing tips would want to drop towards the water rather than float. Heavy turning in waves, so even though the tail of the wing would stay up, turning required forcing the wing out of the way. Low end was ok but not as good as many other wings on the market.
My overall feeling for this wing is that it's a very nice upgrade of you're on strike V2's but I would recommend this for lighter riders in windier conditions. Oh yeah and the handles, if they made them just one more rib wider, I might of kept the wing.

B-Walnut

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: F one Strike V3 opinions? Anyone tested one?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 09:26:19 AM »
The stuff I didn't like, wing tips wanted to go under the nose of my board on every water start.

Interesting, I have a similar issue with the new slick v3 with the stiffer materials. I'm wondering if this will be a new problem to solve with the stiffer fabrics?

@spindrift
I will say that while I completely dislike the water starts with my new slicks. The stiffer fabric is actually way more forgiving on my body. Perhaps it's that the stiffer wing is more stable, creating less turbulence which transfers back to the body. So, maybe/maybe not the same as the strike, but that's my 2 cents on the stiffer fabric.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal