Author Topic: Delta Variant is here...  (Read 23520 times)

Hdip

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Variant is here...
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2021, 01:19:04 PM »
If you travel to parts of Central and South America you will need a yellow fever vaccine and carry the card in your passport. Precedent is already set. People just think this is new for some reason.

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2021, 01:31:37 PM »
My feeling is if you create a mandate and only 60% of the people mandated actually follow it (masks, vax etc). It is a garbage mandate to begin with.

It is necessary and overdue.  I have zero problem with presenting the unvaccinated and unmasked with the long list of things that they will not be allowed to do.  They are welcome to make their vaccination choice but they alone will live with it - or not.

Easy to have the righteous indignation Admin, but that plan won't work. The unvaxxed make up some portion (20 to 30%?) of the economy (healthcare, transportation, etc) and if you drop them out of it, what is next?  Governments and businesses would have to backtrack on the mandates, and it will be just another lurch and stumble that erodes trust.

I also agree that vax for access has been around a long time. And if this was a vaccine that was a one time, or once every 10 year deal, I can see this as part of the program. But this one is more like the flu shot, in that we are chasing a mutation all the time. Something like yellow fever is different, it is yellow fever, caused by mosquitoes. How it spreads and where it is located is well known and isolated. Much easier to sell.

What would work is for the unvaxxed to see their friends and neighbors dropping like flies (self preservation) or vax at gunpoint (forced). I don't like either option. An untenable mandate just makes liars out of good people.

Once Delta peaks and fades I am sure that versions CV Delta Pro Plus XL and CV Alpha 2019 Digitally Remastered for 2021 are already in the wind and this can go on ad infinitum. They just found a virus that was about 32,0000 years old in  Siberia.

Make paddleboarding great again!

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2021, 02:25:59 PM »
The unvaxxed make up some portion (20 to 30%?) of the economy (healthcare, transportation, etc) and if you drop them out of it, what is next? 

The real # should be considered the fully vaccinated 50.5%.  Partial vaccination looks to be 33% effective against Delta.  This is the course forward and as you have noted, it is underway.

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2021, 04:49:14 AM »
https://youtu.be/TBRLUGMeBL4

Peace ✌️ everybody. I am sure some of you will love it.
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2021, 04:23:05 AM »
Slightly less than 40% of the country's adult population is not fully vaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That is an interesting #.  It should be very possible to get the 2nd dose in a lot these partial dosers.  That is a big chunk of more willing people who are essentially unvaccinated now.   Getting them to completion will be a great help. 

https://us.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-declines-request-indiana-220156022.html
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 04:24:41 AM by Admin »

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2021, 08:08:15 AM »
I thought that once you had your first dose, that the second dose was scheduled at that time. Are people just getting the first dose when they are at Walgreens for something, and then not scheduling the next one? They are just figuring to get it the next time they come by?

I had a conversation with my sister last night. I never knew she was unvaxxed until last night. She got CV in October 2020 and has no intention of getting the vax. She is stubborn and I would imagine would only get it if she had a gun to her head. She is a dental hygienist. Has been working in open mouths every day throughout the pandemic. In WA state anyone in the health field has to be vaccinated by sometime this fall or they have to be tested every other day, or fired. My sister told her bosses that under no circumstance would she do either and that she would quit.

Her boss gave about a 3 second effort to convince her otherwise, but knew it would not work. A seasoned Dental Hygienist is a cash cow, so he just decided they would let it run. It is not like there is a bench of them waiting to fill these roles.

That is just one of thousands of n=1s regarding this.

This public/private vaccine mandate and punishments will be a total flop. There has to be a better solution.
Make paddleboarding great again!

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2021, 08:12:56 AM »
I question the accuracy of the percentage.  Both my wife and I got our first vaccinations in February. There was a shortage for our second shot so we went with a different provider than our first.  I'm sure each provider is reporting us as having two first shots and no second shot.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2021, 08:27:02 AM »

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal