Author Topic: Hurricane Elsa Session- July 9, 2021  (Read 4922 times)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
Hurricane Elsa Session- July 9, 2021
« on: July 10, 2021, 09:34:25 PM »
Lucky to have gotten this session in! Early hurricane season Jersey JUICE! I don't think I fell once the whole session. 9'3" Hull Ripper w/perfect offshores and solid swell. Raw footage off the SOLOSHOT. They replaced the battery on my original base and it's recharged! Almost four years now for it.

https://youtu.be/4qKXcCScaH4
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

LBsup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane Elsa Session- July 9, 2021
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 03:06:22 AM »
Good for you SC!  Good waves and good surfing!

Unfortunately, I was working during when the wind shifted and the waves mid day on the cams looked great.  By evening the wind shifted unfavorably.  I got some leftovers yesterday but nothing like the waves you got.
Black Project Texcarbon, 85 blade, 69
8’10 Sunova Ghost, 137L

ospreysup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 04:45:48 AM »
What a great way to drink my morning cup of coffee! Thanks for sharing. A super fun day of surf.

I was going to ask what time you were out but you can set your watch by the guards here in NJ.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 12:36:48 PM »
Some tastey waves there Cookie! You were ripping it up. That was a lot of waves too..... I surfed SanO the other day and it would be flat for 20 minutes, then a group of head high sets for 5 minutes. So one wave every 25 minutes or so, but I had some great long rides on the ones I caught that sucked me back into waiting again! ::)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

ospreysup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 02:16:23 PM »
Probably a trade-off Talldude on the wave count. Cookie didn't put any paddle-outs in the clip and it looked like he may have had an easier time than me.  I am only 15-20 miles south of him. I caught my share but after every wave, I had to exit the water, walk a block to a rip, take a mild pounding getting out, and let the current take me back a block to the peak. The good news was as soon as I got back there was a wave waiting, so it was rinse and repeat.  You can't see it but there was a tone of drift, once outside on drifty days like this, I really feel like stand-ups have an edge as the proners kept drifting off the peak. I could just paddle over and get on it.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 08:34:44 PM »
Still some fun waves the next day. A coupla notches up from the usual summer dribble. I bailed on surf lessons both days. Gave like 10 of em already so far this summer. My bottom lip is FRIED! Burnt like bacon!

Sorry you missed your window, @LBsup. I was super lucky. Here is the SS vid of the leftovers session from the next day- Saturday, 7/10.

Post Hurricane Elsa Surf- 7/10/2021

https://app.soloshot.com/video/bfdc0d30-8fd2-4b7c-bcb4-28a361c9cf44

10 to 5 are the guards hours for my town, @osprey. Fourth summer now for surfing outside the swimming flags here.

Thanx @TallDude! Nice to hear you were out in some long period swells! You should get a SOLOSHOT. It really seemed to like San-O. One of the best multi-mode shoots ever there for mine!
https://youtu.be/bHsr5oxuVW4?t=230
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 08:38:21 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"

supthecreek

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 05:17:19 AM »
Good to see your SoloShot is cooking again Marc and catching the NJ stoke!
Pretty sweet that they replaced the original battery.
Will they do that for others, or just because you are an ambassador? How long did it take?

Happy summer swells  :)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 12:24:33 PM »
Pretty sweet that SOLOSHOT replaced the original battery.
Will they do that for others, or just because you are an ambassador? How long did it take?
Guessing SS will replace bats for all. Took about 7 weeks, but I did send it in when spring sports were in full swing and was told there was a large back log of repairs. Is yours in need of a battery swap out?

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 12:40:04 PM »
Liked the San O shots, the 10' Icon was a great all-rounder for sure.

Ambassador SC has a nice ring to it; good to know batteries are available when needed.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 02:53:39 PM »
I had that Icon for about 4 years. Fun board on waist high days:) Cookie liked it. I bought it from a dealer that used it for a demo board. There was a little hand smudging around the handle on the white deck pad when I bought it. I smudged it a little more over the years, but that board was in perfect condition when I sold it. Not even a scratch. I used some bleach and cleaned all the smudging off the deck pad before I sold it.

Why do we always wait to repair and clean shit up just before we sell it????::)
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

supthecreek

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2021, 04:05:15 AM »
Pretty sweet that SOLOSHOT replaced the original battery.
Guessing SS will replace bats for all. Took about 7 weeks, but I did send it in when spring sports were in full swing and was told there was a large back log of repairs. Is yours in need of a battery swap out?

Sort of... but I simply use a power pack.
I was just curious if they were providing service, thanks cookie  :)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 08:08:31 AM »
Sort of... but I simply use a power pack.
I was just curious if they were providing service, thanks cookie  :)
Well mine was not even working w/the power pack. Would show 100% charge and die after 5 mins of recording. Not surprised considering it was in the first 100 shipped for pre-order in Oct 2017 and probably had the heaviest use. Probably over 200 sessions in just over 3 yrs.

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2021, 06:29:01 AM »
Nice session man. That was a lot of waves you caught. And the overview of the soloshot is real nice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal